perfect !! thanks i need this to store some fishing crabs
PM
UndeadJoe
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 00:51
Looks good. thanks.
Just one thing. I noticed it on the other one too and meant to say something. I'm sure someone will at some point. I think it's a rule, isn't it, that there be an x file when you upload a model. aren't DBOs a no no?
easy fix. Just letting you know, to save a headache later.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
Nimbus417
Years of Service
User Offline
Didn't see that. I was just copying right out of the entities bank. I can add the .x file (Mulder or Scully?)
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 08:12
There is a rule about uploading X files and not DBO files, but that only really relates to store items, free items can be whatever you like as long as they work in GameGuru.

However as a rule of thumb it's usually best to provide the .x file and not the .dbo file, this is because the .dbo file isn't a real model, it's kind of a basic clone of the model that GameGuru has configured to the copy of GameGuru it was created on.

Also, your upload is incomplete, it does not contain a texture file, and the FPE line points to your own PC for the texture (textured = c:/Users/Tim/Pictures/wood-textures-high-quality-) you need to provide the texture in the zip and change that line to the name of the texture.

Another rule of thumb (although not necessary, just better), try to provide textures in .dds (compression 1) format, the reason for this is because GameGuru allows for normal, specular, and illumination maps, but only in .dds format. They should be named:

nameoftexture_D.dds (this is your base diffuse texture)
nameoftexture_N.dds (this is your normal map texture)
nameoftexture_S.dds (this is your specular map texture)
nameoftexture_I.dds (this is your illumination map texture)

With the "textured" line in the FPE being

textured = nameoftexture_D.dds

(it only needs to have the diffuse texture listed in the FPE as it automatically find the N, S, and I maps from their names)

The tips I list here aren't all 100% required, but they do all help to make the models a lot more compatible with GameGuru.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
UndeadJoe
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 11:04
Oh, ok. I saw someone else talking about it because of an upload a while back, and was going based on that.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
Nimbus417
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to know. Thanks. I will do better in the future.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:58:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:58:24