Scripts / working on a battle system

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2016 04:46
I was looking at the gunspec.txt trying to assign the weapon damage to a global variable that will be part of an equation in the global.lua when i thought i would ask this here before wasting my time. Can I use lua code in the gunspec.txt file?

unrelated details
I want the damage based off the players level, maybe at first times damage by the players level. The monsters will have a defence also based on the players level. Something quick to get playing around with this and see what i can get done. I need something to keep me going until the features i need are implemented. *patiently waits*
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2016 07:35
@MChapman:

MChapman wrote:

Quote: "Can I use lua code in the gunspec.txt file? "

Hi,

I did not understand well what you want to do, but with respect to using a Lua code inside the file gunspec.txt, I could be wrong, but, you cannot do that.

You may use a Lua coding, just to read the content of the gunspec.txt or to write something in it. After reading its content, you also may assign it to variables in your program if possible.

Cheers,
Northern
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Do it the opposite way and increase or decrease the HP values of the enemies and player as that can be done via lua command.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2016 20:16
Perhaps a 'bonus' value? For example let's say you set weapon 1 to 5 damage per hit.
Then you basically calculate a 'bonus' damage value on hit to the enemy or player (depending on recipient) based on level.
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 01:08 Edited at: 4th Aug 2016 07:44
Well, Smallg has a brilliant idea ( bailing me out as always.) . I will make health = health * level. ill declare a random miss/hit variable. Something simple but it will do for now. I really want a variety of weapons if anyone knows where i can get some, preferably medieval/fantasy.

edit: How would I modify weapon damage? Maybe since all the weapons are linked to weapon.lua, the only thing is that the weapons damage dont have a variable?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 07:54
Quote: "I really want a variety of weapons if anyone knows where i can get some, preferably medieval/fantasy. "

Some of the best fantasy/medieval weapons available

https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10740

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2016 02:02
Thats a good set of weapons. ill look into that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 21:36:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 21:36:21