Scripts / Screen Resolution and text size

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 23:57
I see there are a few threads on screen resolution but no one has yet highlighted the fact that the text in the 'text' function does not scale with the images in the standalone game. I am not talking about the loading screens, I mean the text that I might put in my HUD, the panel sprite will shrink for smaller screen sizes yet the text will not.
I note that we can set the parameter in the sprite function to -1 to make it scaleable - does anyone have a work around for resizing the text apart from using the size parameter value 1,2,3 or 4 ?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
It was brought to Lee's attention way back when but its one of those things that likely won't be fixed for a long time.
You can kinda fix it yourself with a little check on screen resolution and then changing a variable to match whichever text size you think fits best but it would definitely be nice if text scaled too.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2016 23:05
There is no 'scaling' of text right now, just the 'text size' choices referred to above. If enough users request this, I can add it to the tweak list and push something else to the next update or two, just need a few votes to rate it more important than a casual request. An alternative would be to render your text onto an image and then display the image as a sprite rather than text, this way you will have full control of the scale and it would perfectly scale with the sprites related to the text. For situations where you need dynamic values and strings, you can create your own basic text-paster in script to construct dynamic text-as-sprites, but that is beyond the scope of this entry and I invite clever scripters to lead the way to show how this can be done
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Saintyboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 00:11
Thanks for the reply Lee - I have submitted it as a feature request but I doubt whether many people will vote on this because they are not far down the line with development and wont have even considered, nevermind witnessed, the scaling issues with text on diff screen sizes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 23:17:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 23:17:02