Posted: 24th Jul 2016 16:40 Edited at: 24th Jul 2016 16:41
Today i buy the S2engine hd
http://www.s2powered.com/copiasito/

its incredible
impressive
powerfull as hell
fast
last technology with last shaders
it's very easy to use, it has a visual development functions (nodal like unreal engine), and for those who want to push you can script also.

This engine is so impressive, but the most fantastic is the price 20eur on steam....

so i started using it today.....tried the demos, exported.....incredible everything works, AND it's developed by one guy
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 18:55 Edited at: 24th Jul 2016 19:58
here my first test compiled game for windows, i removed lot of fx and just put shadows in low quality and a lens flare, its FLUID and very responsive.

some water pond test, the engine create automatically the foam around the car wen i fall inside the pond.

and it's incredible FLUID!!!!
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 19:57
It's a very good engine, but it's not very intuitive, it eats resources for breakfast, it also doesn't have much in the way of stock models, and importing them in to S2 is an absolute nightmare, makes GG's importer look super easy.

One thing I do love in S2 is the ability to make cut scene videos inside the engine.

Also, why did you pay £20 for it from steam? You can go to their own website answer 7 questions and download it free :p

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 20:01 Edited at: 24th Jul 2016 20:04
GG is easier but in s2engine hd its easy to import EVEN 3ds files from 3ds max or obj by just drag and drop.
well 20 eur is nothing it gives money for the developer AND you get more help from the developer.

I think Lees has to look at this engine to get more inspiration for GG for the nexts updates.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 20:22
I don't think so. GG is an entirely different animal. Also, dial back on those shader effects. Your game looks more like a drug induced hallucination than a decent game

I own S2 too but can't recommend it. If you go the extra mile, just use Unity or UE4...if you prefer underdog engines, I'd recommend Leadwerks.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 20:59 Edited at: 24th Jul 2016 21:07
Quote: "I own S2 too but can't recommend it. If you go the extra mile, just use Unity or UE4...if you prefer underdog engines, I'd recommend Leadwerks. "

Have to agree with Wolf .... I also own it ....
It seems to spend more time crashing for me ... the assets you see in the demo are pretty much all you get and I didn't find it very user friendly..
Great visuals though for DX9 no denying that .... But IMHO great GFX don't make a game ...And this engine never has to my knowledge. Its been around a while before steam.... Started 2006 I believe
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 22:09
yeah i know gfx don't make a game, but it helps for the final quality and the game atmosphere.
those demos are just in place to show the basics of the engine, and thats perfect.
they don't spent their time modelling or importing assets to test that in the engine.

imported fbx, 3ds, obj works like a charm by drag & drop.

i got no crash at the moment 4h now testing it exporting demos etc.

i know too much sfx looks like drug or hallucination thats one thing easy to remove/deactivate in the engine
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 23:51 Edited at: 24th Jul 2016 23:52
Quote: "i got no crash at the moment 4h now testing it exporting demos etc."

Havent tried it in a while ...perhaps I will try again it may have improved
Also what I didn't like though is the initial project creation...it seemed so messy and scattered all over the place ..
I see there is a DLC for it now as well
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 07:39
well you can start a blank project like in unreal engine with just an empty scene.
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 15:38
I saw there was an upgrade for the S2 engine with many solved bugs on Steam, I don't have this engine , last year I bought Leadworks for cheap but I didn't use it, I find GG more easy to use. I don't think to buy the S2 engine it is more interesting to spend my money to buy a DLC for GG
Kalle801
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 13:10
I own S2Engine too. I asked the developer for multiplayer support and they want to implement it soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:57:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:57:23