Scripts / how to make character animate when key press.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello friends,am new to this field so I need help.
I have created a character with animation so how do I make my character walk when I pressed key and stop when I leave the key.It should animate only if I keep pressing.
PM
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2016 11:02
@mtei:

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for?

Greetings,
Northern
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Jul 2016 11:16
That looks awesome Northern, i'd certainly be interested in how that script works, and even more interested if it could be adapted to say one key make them run, then if you hit another key they play another animation. I have some plans to make some cut scenes but I need to be able to call the animations at will or script them to run one after the other at the right time, ie have the character run a short distance, then activate a dive animation etc. And I have absolutely no idea how to achieve that. I don't want to have to resort to using something like Daz Studio to do it as the look would be different.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2016 14:36 Edited at: 9th Jul 2016 14:37
@Belidos:

Hi,

Firstly, many thanks! I am glad you like it.

I understood you want to play multiple animations, one at a time by pressing different keys on keyboard. Is that correct?

Anyway, the runnergirl. Lua script, was made as a solution or answer for the query in the first post, only. However, since I believe you have a good knowledge of the Lua programming, and considering that the script is not so hard to understand it (it's simple! Easy to understand); it's not going to be a problem to you try to adapt it to solve your needs.

If after studying the script above, you find out difficulties to solve your problem, you may post your doubt in this thread. OK?

Below you have the link to download the file above mentioned, as well as, its password. Unfortunately the character shown in the video cannot be shared for copyright reasons, of course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f3yvewnkkftpte/runnergirl.7z?dl=0

Password: 299c85bf3ffc3bd06c2157c698d5c604

Good luck!
Northern
PM
mtei
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah thanks northern for your help.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 05:00:33