Off Topic / I'm Done Painting

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2016 03:46
Hi guru's.....Just wanted you to know I am DONE painting! (except for the Kitchen) ....I have been away from my Guru but I'm kinda back! lost my dear brother beginning of March to a massive heart attack at 61 years old ! Besides that I had to remodel my apartment ! I promised my landlord I would do this for the last 3 years butt finally got it done over this winter/spring! just wanted to say "Hello" and say I'm kinda back....

basically looking at what's "New" with Guru and thinking how I can re-make my 1st game with TGC classic!

...So what "NEW" ????

....anyhoo! Also got rid of "paid TV" and now using digital HD tv antenna's and I'v done my homework on this...getting 65 plus channels for free plus a half dozen app's to stream onto my chrom-cast!

....feel free to ask if you want to know and ...? gonna need some help on my next release soon! ....

Cheers!
To whom this may concern....
Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Start the day by righting your wrongs then end you day right so you don't have to do it again tomorrow ...

sHn33Ky

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 02:23 Edited at: 4th Jun 2016 02:50
Welcome back! Sorry for your loss, I lost my father as well around the same time, March 4, to be exact. (Wow, it's been that long.) I haven't had cable TV in 6 1/2 years now! I use the antenna (put it up in the attic), and I get 55 channels where I live. Half of them are in Spanish and I don't understand them, but I don't watch broadcast TV much anyway. I also have Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime. Combined it all costs less than $50/month, way better than cable, plus I get the streaming music, free shipping, and all that. BTW, why are you doing the painting? Is that not the landlord's job? Anyway, back to making games!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 19:43
Welcome back!!

You play guitar?

Err...whats new with game guru? We are all collectively still working on it Browse the work in progress, 3rd party media and product chat board, there are a lot of cool projects going on lately.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 07:09
As for TV I'm sick of paying for all the crap I don't care about ! I just need a little news in the morning and Seinfeld to put me to sleep at night mostly! Check out app's like crackle tv and tubi tv and if you really want to get into it check out KODI which I use to get any and all sports and movies! Kodi is by far the best video streaming source out there and completely FREE ! As for remodeling my apartment and doing all the work my self I can only hope it keeps my landlord from raising my rent! My landlords pretty fair and I'v had a nice 2 bdrm here by the beach in SoCal for 5 plus years! Rents in my area are going through the roof . But my landlord likes long term renters like me that are never late on the rent and keep the place clean and fresh!

@ jerry....sorry for your loss as well !

@ wolf....yes Guitar/ukulele and some piano! Mostly acoustic blues & Jazz/Rock 25 plus years!

Just turned 48 last week and trying to find balance in my life! I have many hobby's mostly surfing ,cooking and creating games and music! I'm a window washer by trade and own my business but hope to get behind a desk and off of roof tops and ladders before I'm 55 ! So in the last 3 months I have reorganized just about everything and got rid of a lot of baggage that was piling up!
Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Start the day by righting your wrongs then end you day right so you don't have to do it again tomorrow ...

sHn33Ky
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 09:25
I've also gotten rid of my terrestrial TV services, I signed up for Netflix, and got myself an internet TV box that access Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, BBC iPlayer, and about half a dozen other internet based channels, and has a built in Blu-Ray player, and I've never looked back. I'm not at home long enough to religiously watch new series as hey come on TV, and when I am home i'm mostly on the PC anyway so I don't really pay attention to the TV even if it is on in the background, so i'm happy.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
SiaGarcia
Years of Service
User Offline
It motivates me, when see people to do new changes. They change the home, the attidue, want to get buisy with something new.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 00:13:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 00:13:34