Scripts / Scrolling Map asset - progress

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 12:09
If you were wondering where the replacement radars went I have got sidetracked slightly by something else.

I am almost finished with a scrolling map asset, just polishing the script a bit with lots of comments and producing a PDF tutorial explaining how to generated map tiles from your own creations.

Hopefully the radars will be finished in the next couple of weeks, having a bit of trouble with my art department (he is always out with his GF, slacker).

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2016 20:02
Well I uploaded the scrolling map to the store but couldn't figure out how to put a PDF file with it so the instructions are in the store description, if it gets accepted and anyone purchases it they can email me for a copy of the PDF file I suppose.

PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good!
Julian
PM
DonMena
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 20:01
This looks great!
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 22:45
Still waiting for it to be accepted into the store so I've started the next project, a fully functional infra-red goggles thingy.

Uploaded image shows progress so far, I'll probably put this on the store when it is finished.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2016 19:56
So I've put the scrolling map up on the store again, first time I put it in the wrong category. Hopefully it gets approved this time and you can all get to play with it.

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2016 22:27
Nope still not approved, sorry about that, at least Lee was impressed with it .
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 02:48
Looks great! Will definitely pick that up. I don't know anything about the approval process, but I'm sure it will be approved soon. Patience usually pays off around here!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 10:08
It got rejected, I'm going to try my terrain map instead, that doesn't require any map tiles so "works out of the box" though it doesn't look any good on flat levels for obvious reasons.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 12:34
Just discovered a major show stopper, I've been developing these scripts on the Beta builds, when I test them on the Steam version of GG they don't work ... because under the covers Lee increased the number of sprites available in the Beta so I can't put anything on the store until the Beta becomes the release version! Oops.

Also the terrain map relies on a new Lua command which is only in the Beta and my other scripts rely on the angle fixes Lee made in the Beta.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 13:19:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 13:19:32