Scripts / Wanted!!! - GTA Style Wanted System

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
NOTICE: usage of this script will require some scripting of your own

So in the spirit of sharing I decided to slice a piece of functionality from my game and post it for the community, its a GTA style 5 star wanted system, I've made the script modular so it can just be dropped in and used

how it works, wanted points and level start at 0, call 'wanted_addpoints(value)' where value is the amount of points to add to the current level, the level threshold is set inside the script function 'wanted_load()' (read script notes)

when the current points meets the threshold for the current level the wanted level increases and resets points to zero until wanted level 5 is reached, after a 10 second delay after the last time 'wanted_addpoints' was called the points will start to go down by the amount set in 'g_wanted_ticker_subtract'

so typically, you would call 'wanted_addpoints' when the player commits a crime of some sort, shoots someone or steals something in view of people, for instance, place 'wanted_addpoints(50)' in the 'deathani' section of ai_soldier.lua, then whenever you shoot an enemy you will be wanted or gain wanted points, I have this setup with a custom civilian ai script but that broke with the last update so I cant share it just yet till I figure out whats going wrong

first of all, load the script

and a rather crude example, it simply adds 50 points to the current level when the player fires the gun and starts a small delay to prevent the script looping

and here's the nuts and bolts of the script

and attached full script, images and example

no video example sorry I ripped this out of my game so only a screenie

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2016 03:12
Nice idea, i'd like to see a working version of this script.
PM
0x7f
Years of Service
User Offline
finally someone here who keeps his code clean, nice one!
PM
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, I'll take that as a complement

@VXD, you can use the example script in the zip, attach it to a dynamic object, place a start marker, give yourself a gun, when you fire points are added, when you stop after 10 seconds the points start to subtract

my game is broken at mo as I changed part of my core code and now need to adjust a few things in a lot of places (perils of changing your mind while in a half written system) once I've got everything communicating as it should again I'll post a video showing this and a few other scripts in action
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 18:04
This would also be good for even Medieval style games. Where as you gain infamy or bad karma.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 07:51:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 07:51:15