Product Chat / V1.13 Released - As Voted For SAVE & LOAD GAME PROGRESS

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 19:28
It's been a while since I've done it and I'm not at home to verify exactly how, but the easiest way is too place a winzone and in the properties panel, enter the name of the next level in the if used box. It can also be achieved through scripting. I'm sure someone will come along and explain better!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 10:30 Edited at: 24th May 2016 10:38
Quote: "Where? I can't find the option to add more levels to the standalone."

You cant add them to the standalone and probably never will be able to .... Each end of level triggers the next so this would have to be done when developing your game...... Create your game and levels before you create the standalone and If you wanted to add more levels in the future then it would be a case of loading your original game back into GG and expanding it there.....Although.... I guess there are ways around that if you used a custom launcher and a few tricks so each level was its own standalone ..

This video will show you the process of Multi Levels when making your game ..

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 22:41
Harder and harder. It was much easier with FPSC.

And what if I want to make a game like UT that returns to the main menu, and only after that, I can go to the next level?
Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Lelando
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Backgammon, usually.
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 22:57
Titantropo: go check out the videos found here... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE-iCIs1FHEGnoCFNnH_kMSIHMSE9FQ8i. I wish I could remember which video it's in, but Lee goes over anything and everything week after week, and I know he went over multi-level games at some point. Then, keep watching every week, and you will learn all kinds of things you didn't know! It's great! Once you are caught up, you can catch new episodes on Twitch every week! Cheers, Lelando
Lelando

[I'm not a game designer. Heck, I'm hardly a gamer. But something about building worlds with Game Guru really appeals to me, and I enjoy it a lot. So that's why I'm here. ]
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's another video on multi levels.

Also if you check out my Kill the Boss video, you will see a way to have conditions to prevent you leaving the level until met. That way you could code in your own menu system to kick in.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:09:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:09:03