Scripts / First person animations

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 07:15
Is there any way to call up the first person animations through a script? For example, if you had your hands animated to open a door or pull a lever for example, to call the animations through the door/lever script.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 13:18
Might want to email Lee on this one. Normally you would make a weapons HUD.
But all the actions are internal to the engine and defined in the gunspec.txt file.
But These are not available to scripting yet.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 15:36
Thanks Pirate Myke, I thought that was the case. This will have to be opened up to LUA scripting at some point, I think.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 18:18
Yes, I am sure it will be at some point.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 23:42
You can model an arm/hand HUD and make the player switch to this when a door or whatever is close (and switch back to a weapon if required) when leaving ... is that the sort of thing you mean? You can also fire the 'weapon' (arm/hand animation) too through scripting.

I might be missing what you're after though

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 08:03 Edited at: 9th Apr 2016 08:08
@cybernescence - if I have a lever-pulling animation from frame 1-100, can I call those frames through a script, or can I only do it through the gunspec.txt file. Firing a weapon through scripting would be a start, but you don't really want the player to be able to play a lever-pulling/door opening animation every time they hit the fire button. Ideally, those animations should be called exclusively through a script at the appropriate time.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 10:39
Hi Gtox, don't think you can call specific animation ranges, but as a work-around can have a number of HUDs (the same HUD apart from animations specified in gunspec) that can be switched between via script and either activated by script or by player clicking mouse of course (don't think this part can be turned off, but haven't tried this). This works OK for a limited number of actions (I just use two - one for accessing levers, doors etc and another for a push movement). Not ideal if you're creating something to sell, but OKish for an in game workaround for limited number of actions.

Cheers.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 12:24
Thanks cybernescence - I figured that there would be a convoluted workaround for this, but I was hoping that there would be simple way of calling HUD animations. Not the end of the world, and I'm sure that the ability to call up HUD animations will happen at some point in the future.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 14:09
@ Gtox
Do you want make something like Rolfy does?, if so, I think there is limbs (bones) involved.

I think being able to activate mouse when needed (not just in inventory), so you just has to assigne animated hands as mouse pointer, and you do not need those difficults ways to go as weapon, plus limb-hits, and so on.

a- Player get close to the door
b- Player get mouse control thru door script
c- Animated hands as mouse pointer.
d- Player open door
e- Player lose the mouse control.
f- Mouse get their default pointer.

Just my thoughts.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 15:45
@3com - I'm not looking to do anything specific, I was just wondering if you could control HUD animations through LUA commands, because it would be quite useful to be able to do that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 10:50:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 10:50:31