Bug Reports / weapons missing

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 10:44
"I have no custom weapons"

BSP's weapons are custom weapons, anything not supplied with the base gg software or its packs is custom.

That's why I said don't download anything from the store until you test the base weapons.

If you've followed everything I told you and its not working then I'm out of ideas, its got to be something at your end, you're the only one with this issue that I know of.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 21:32
oh i thought "custom weapons" means something that i have changed and brought back into the library. sorry. now i know. but i had the BSP weapons and the stock weapons working together for a long time. what could be wrong then, i mean what could produce this error? i haven't changed anything in the folders, i don't even know what i should change because i'm afraid to corrupt something.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 10:41
i really need to know why this is happening? i have not changed anything in the folders. i made an update and now most weapons do not work anymore. please someone tell me what to do?! i have this issue for a long time now and nothing seems to help.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 11:29
Sorry but we don't know what to do, we've been through everything we can think of, there has to be something wrong at your end breaking it, as you're the only one reporting this issue so far. Your best bet now would probably be to email Lee, give him as much data about your issue, your PC specs, etc as possible, and hope he can help.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2016 21:11
Step one would be to see if this happens with the stock weapons you get with GameGuru (not from the store or extra added weapons). This will confirm if its an engine issue or something in the weapon files themselves. Perhaps a small step by step and an FPM using stock only assets showing the issue if it shows this way?
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2016 22:30
Hi Lee! Yes this happens only with game guru stock weapons. but not all of them. i can NOT use SHOTGUN, SNIPER, MAGNUM, RPG and GRENADES. colt and uzi work as well as the medieval weapons and the knife. i have uninstalled and reinstalled game guru and this always happens. i also have weapons from the store but they all work.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 23rd Nov 2016 00:10
Hi - I have just had this happen to me - most weapons missing but a very few still there (different list to yours).

I'd just updated NVIDIA drivers when this started to happen - I went into NVIDIA control panel and clicked restore defaults and "let the 3D application decide" under 3D image settings and now all weapons are back in GG.

Not sure if this is related to your issue but looks similar.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2016 02:12
i did this and now it became much worse. now the colt is not working anymore :o
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2016 01:44
i tried all graphic settings in my nvidia control panel and now every stock modern weapon exept the uzi does not work anymore. the medieval weapons work, the knife and the weapons from BSP, too, also the mg42.
before i tried this i could use the colt.
can someone please help my find the reason? i can not play anymore because all my enemies who used the colt as their weapon don't attack me anymore.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 21:31
Do you have Stereoscopic 3D enabled (even if switched off) in NVIDIA control panel?

On further checking, when I have this enabled (ticked under "Set up steroscopic 3D") I lose many weapons in Game Guru. Strange, but it does happen. Have to close and restart GG after changing the setting.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 07:59
If I may make a note here, I had the same problem when I decided to give GameGuru a try, I have used FPSC for many years,
and right out of the box. I had all kinds of issues with GameGuru with Entity's not displaying etc..
I went in and even used my Take Ownership right clicky as It had to be a permission issue, I use Win7 64bit. To get everything to work I went to the GameGuru directory and changed Administrator to Everybody, and changed permissions to FULL Control.

Since doing that everything works fine.

I am not sure. But the theory is some times the security settings go with the file and messes things up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 10:15:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 10:15:30