Scripts / rpg on ship

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2016 19:43
does anyone know of a way to add an rpg & crosshairs to a ship the player is in, ive been making some ship weapon upgrades (just missiles for now) which I would like to add to the player ship when bought, ideas anyone?
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 00:26
Maybe make the art for the rpg disappear, so when the player shoots all they see is the missile. but most of the problem here is what you need is probably hard coded, like changing where the missile appears from instead of from in front of the player make it originate from the players right or the wing. I hope this made since. lol.....
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 11:20 Edited at: 19th Mar 2016 11:28
I don't really need it to fire from the wing m8 tbh I just need it to fire Ive attached the FiREPOINT to the front of the craft of the new 3 beta fighters ive made or any weapon to fire more to the point lol Edit: ahh see what you mean haven't tried to equip the player wonder if theres a way to make the player crouch permanently while in the ship that'd lower the weapon profile

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 14:56
CharacterControlDucked(e) there is that, but I don't know if it works for the player.
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 15:08
nah doesn't work m8 was also trying keypress not much joy with that either
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 15:35 Edited at: 19th Mar 2016 17:59
the most likely solution is to use an object as a fake rpg/missile, it's pretty simple to set up and would work fine for space where there are very few obstacles (as physics can be quite inaccurate with fast moving objects)

the only real issue i see is the lack of repeatable "explode" setting, so you either need to set all the ammo in the editor and give the player a limited ammo supply or use unlimited ammo but create your own explosion. (you could use decals & sound or just explode whatever it hits maybe?)

you could even then give the player 2 weapons at once (or more if you want to use more buttons) via the left and right mouse buttons.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
something like this
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 22:53 Edited at: 19th Mar 2016 23:34
lol brilliant now how do I do it ? :/ can this be scripted? erm bit past me I'm old :/ would it need to be added to the flyship.lua on the ship? love that vid smallg proper funny what object? should I make one? ooo little cruise missile yummy

Edit: PMSL ive watched that like 10 times and wetting myself, ok you using the barrels for this aha I have planets to hide that stuff in and poor cosmic his ship does get a pounding love it and this is why I need guns!!!!! lol

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
yes it's using a script to check for the player left/right click (left is held down to fire the rapid fire gun and right mouse is clicked to launch a torpedo)
only 1 bullet (from each gun) can be fired at a time so the rapid fire gun needs to be a little slow to allow for it to actually travel a good distance and still move reasonably to allow any objects to be "detected" (*on that note, actual hits are detected by distance so this wouldnt work well when targeting large objects*), all shots fire in a straight line from their original rotation so turning the ship etc wont effect the bullet - skill shots for moving targets only

and a script on each bullet (same script but with an array setup for the different settings) to control them.

ideally you would include a script on the enemy ships to mark them as such to make the bullet "hit" detection better as right now it just checks everything.
(also you would need some script for enemy AI)

currently the script is unlimited ammo (just reloads as soon as the bullet has travelled it's maximum distance) but with a little extra tweaking you can certainly have an ammo count and even different guns (maybe a homing missile or an emp torpedo)
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 22:40 Edited at: 21st Mar 2016 22:49
ok heres the new bounty hunter ship and player ship missile test, without smallg's input this just wouldn't be happening so a massive ty to you m8

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 05:42:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 05:42:27