Scripts / "Search and Interaction" script experience?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Dear GG community,

I've encountered in my foray through the shop to the following script:

http://en.tgcstore.net/product/24056

Raised someone experiences with this script?
I would love to include it in my game but can not imagine using the accompanying video as I pesonalisiere it.
I hope you can help me.

Best regards Flo
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2016 13:15
Make your self a movie that you want in .wmv format and save it to the videobanks folder.
Then call that video instead of the one that is being called.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
hello

i purchased the script https://en.tgcstore.net/product/24056 and i have zero idea how i can use it. i found this thread but pirate mykes answer seems to be totally unrelated. how can i contact the creator of the script ? how can i use it ? where is the help-file of the script ?
PM
Nathan38
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2016 12:50 Edited at: 25th Mar 2016 12:54
I've not actually purchased this one myself yet, however, like most content from the store it should be in a folder named the artists name.

So in theory, go to your Game Guru folder, and go to the 'scriptbank' folder. In there, there should be a folder called 'zrocweb', the scripts will most likely be in there. If you open the scripts in your favourite notepad editor, there may be some comments for help on how to use it.

If not, you could always send a PM to the artist via the forums.
beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
hey thanks for helping out !

i found the script and i know how to put it in properties of an object.
i think i understood how to assign objects that can be searched and used on that object - like in the examle map provided - a door needs a key that you find on a body and then use on said door. etc.

that seems to be easy.

what i dont understand is where to input the text.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2016 14:27 Edited at: 25th Mar 2016 14:28
Quote: "what i dont understand is where to input the text."

Remember you are talkin with users than does not own that script, so you has to be more cler; Of course, without mention nothing about the script content, since it is just for selling.

I guess you are referring about to change prompts. IE: Where author write ""you need some key to open door", you want write your own, "I'm sellinng keys very cheap, if you want someone, please email me" LOL (just kidding).

Well, if so, just search in the script for commmand named "Prompt" or "PromptDuration", or any other text command.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770&insideModal=1

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
hello i specifically searched for a thread that is about the specific script i´m refering to- and it is the script forum. so i was hoping to get answers from people that use the script this thread is about.
i bought the script because i dont know nothing about scrpts and i assumed that the script was "ready to use"
far from the truth because it is rather cryptic.

now what i understand is that i have to search the search script in order to figure out where to put my text.
easy game maker where are you ? lol
i will continue to try.
PM
beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
to be honest i´m rather baffled.

i bought something called a "script" that is used in a software supposed to be an "easy game maker"

now since i choose this kind of "easy" software i´m probably unaware what exactly a script is or how they exactly work. but i get that without scripts i´m left making a potatoe game.
so i purchase one of those "magic scripts" thinking quite ingenuously that it would ... well do what i want lol ... but it basicly does nothing without extensive background knowledge. the creator also assumes that just by looking at his example map all questions are magically resolved. awesome.

one part of me starts thinking that this was a money trap. the other part wants to give the artist a break.
i´m an artist myself so i know how it can be...
but please gg shop-artists : explain your products like you would explain them to your own grandmother. make them accesible- so they live up to the "easy game maker" promise.
jmho
PM
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2016 23:48 Edited at: 25th Mar 2016 23:50
I have no idea about this script but you can play with lua in game guru and get a basic feel for the scripting. Look at this link, and do the example, I think its the health example. It will give you a basic know how on the scripting.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
can help you with some basic stuff if you want you can pm me any questions you may have. With most scripts you have to make a dynamic object ( the barrel is good) and make it dynamic ( either through properties or when you place them) then run the game and some or most scripts will work, that script probably has comments in it explaining how to edit it, to do that you can open the scriptor .lua file with any text editor I use notepad ++. once you get it open A comment looks like this.

edit: to change the dynamic/static property of an entity/object look for static and change that to no.
I hope I helped you
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
hello thank you so much for your help!
i guess i arrived at the "LUA deep-end" very quickly. jumped in with both feet thinking that purchasing a "ready made script" would make things easy... just woke up to reality of the potato games i´m doomed to keep making. lol
PM
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2016 01:23
Yea scripting is pretty hard at first, but once you see what you can do in the guide its like putting a puzzle together more or less, even if you dont want to know the code you will still need to know how to edit basic variables for the already made scripts. Remember thats what these forums are for no question is a dumb one ( just make sure your asking the right questions in the right place)
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks again !

this thread is over a month old but the OP seemed to have the same problem as me. thats why i bumped it.
i think it should be the right question on the right place no? or should i ask somewhere else?
on the steam forum the answer was more a less the same like here: "go and find out yourself. here look how scripts work"

i was hoping that someone is actually using this specific script - and could tell how to configure it and how to edit those variables in order to include longer blocks of text - like seen it the video.

i pm the maker of the script but no answer so far.
i learned one thing : buying scripts without knowing what a script is and how it works was a mistake. lol

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:35:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:35:46