Scripts / Remove Radar

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 18:18
Is there a way to remove the radar from certain levels as I have a save system in place I think its saves over to the levels which I haven't included it on? so I need to remove it from those levels and when the character returns to the level its on it shows?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to place the radar script onto an entity in the map so just find that entity and remove it/the script
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks smallg.
It's funny: in olden times, "Morning mountain stroll" used to be a pain to Play, with no Radar and the player's rpg ridiculously (or should I say : infuriatingly) unexact when it came to dealing damage to the enemy while the enemy seemingly hardly Needed to aim at all in the player's direction to effect a sure kill.
Then, at the same time the rpgs suddenly became very exact both in hitting and missing for both sides when the Radar was brought in, making MMS almost boring to Play.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 19:43 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2016 19:45
Aye smallg done that m8 problem is when I go to the dropship or mothership which don't have the radar on the map it still appears I think because I have a multi level save running so I wondered whether I could use a remove radar script to hide it on those levels? not that its massively important just looks like your going to be mobbed by baddies on your own ship lol
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 20:49 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2016 20:50
ah i see what you're talking about... i forgot cos i haven't used a multilevel game in ages but the issue you're referring to is not that the radar is active in the level but is left on the screen from the previous level (and still showing the previous level dots etc)

i dont want to set up a multilevel game right now as im being lazy but this should work, just replace your winzone script with this one
edit; this goes on the levels that DO use the radar (so it gets removed before the next level loads)

if you're not using a winzone or it's edited just copy and paste the code between the comments to the line before your own JumpToLevel.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 19:07
k thanks smallg yeah using moshrooms returnzone, will give it a bash thx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:59:22