Scripts / For the house?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 15:58 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 16:23
I spent some time into gameguru .. the engine isn't cheap at all infact i think it worth more than 20 bucks i though it's simple engine first but actually it can get really complicated and advanced if some one put effort in it.. Anyway the subject is i started working on my real game now it's a horror game in the style similar to Slender games and The maze something like that.. But i want to create a house so the player can enter and explore like a detective.. The problem is i don't know which free software can help me create a house and it's entities i don't want it to be extremely hard and professional or require any payment and i don't mind learning .

Also i have spent few days learning on Lua guides and so on..I now basically know almost most of the common variables and commands that i can use in the lua script .. and how it starts .. but i don't know any thing about how to organize it .. Like if i want to make for example when the player get's near an object X prompt press E to investigate .. Upon pressing E the players gets a text .. i failed horribly for hour to organize the Script with the commands ... and that really [ MOD EDIT ] Please do not use any kind of profanity me off so any idea on how to fix this issue ?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Rvd ...

Whatever engine you use the need for coding will always rear its head as you get more advanced and you will want more customisation in your game but its all down to learning Lua to achieve this ...

Perhaps if you can create a specific simple example then someone may be able to give you a basic script that you can study and modify for your needs..
I have moved this to scripts for a better response ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 16:50
If you browse through the modelpacks that where released for FPSCreator you will find a ton of house related entities. There where a lot of free packs around as well.

Other than that you can always google for free models. Indoor furniture is among the most popular stuff that has ever been modeled. Just look here for example. A few new textures and those are perfect.

If you want to get into modeling a house and furniture, milkshape 3d, blender, fragmotion or sketchup would sound reasonable but really...anything goes.

List of 3D modeling software

As far as your scripting goes: Rolfy made this. Rather just get that as a frame work and work from there

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 17:34 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 22:00
If you know most of the commands, it is just two things you should know:
1) GG always repeat the script, so it runs the name_main function in a loop all the time until the entity die
2) Just speak it. It is just another language like english or french. If player pressed 'E' then print a string.
the code for this is:

0 = No
1= Yes

So so the opposite is:
If player not press E then Print hi.

at the end you must end your sentence with an "end". So you must do it with all your "sentences".

GG reads functions of the script so a script started with:

also there is a

which is activated if the entity dies, so most of the time it is used for AI

Maybe this helps you

PS: it is hard for all. Beginners who canĀ“t code have his problems, Advanced guys who can code different languages like c,c++,c#, java and so on have also their problems. You can not learn Lua in a week, it is a developing process. I learn myself always new stuff, which I never think about.
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank's both of you really, but the thing is when i try to download free models i always get error Invalid Email or Password although i logged in into the shop with same email as my steam .. so i dont know how to fix this.

Other than that i will check every link posted here thank's so much
Should i use blender
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
I just saw ur replay corno Thank you sooooo much
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 18:46 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 18:46
Quote: "If you lnow most of the commands it is just two things you should know:"

Nice advice Corno_1, just one thing in case people get confused, in your examples you use "than", it should be "then", also don't use capital letters in _init, _main, or _exit, it can confuse gameguru.
i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
@Belidos thanks I fixed it.
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
Internetconnect
User not registered on the gg store please click the gg store button in bottom left of the editor and login into ur steam acc

when i logout nd login i get this error 1147.
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ". Just look here for example. A few new textures and those are perfect."

What do i do after i download those ?

Quote: ".if KeyPressE ==0 then."

There is a command beside KeyPressE ? i can't really recall it but there is another .. i guess so.

and how do i fix this error ?
goes when i try to download a free thing from the GG shop.
Internetconnect
User not registered on the gg store please click the gg store button in bottom left of the editor and login into ur steam acc

when i logout nd login i get this error 1147.

PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
This are all key commands

and the two Get-Commands
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
What's the difference between g_keypress
and keypress.
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 22:01 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 22:02
g_keypress is a variable, keypress a spelling mistake from myself

I wrote this down very fast, so sorry for all mistakes I did
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 23:20 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 23:21
g_KeyPress is a command to specify the key to press by adding the letter to the end, eg g_keypressE.

g_Scancode is a command to specify the key to press by including it's variable, for example the variable for E is 18 if I remember correctly.

It's probably better to use g_Scancode because if you specify the code for E it will register you have pressed E in lowercase or uppercase, with g_KeyPress if your caps lock is on it won't register E being pressed.
i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It's probably better to use g_Scancode"

No, not always. If you want to test if the player crouched and walk(like for my crosshair script) you must use g_KeyPress, because g_Scancode always use the last key you pressed. So parallel key pressing is not possible with scancode.
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all for helping me i really appreciate this so much, i got one last question
How do i create my own sound and upload it into the GG.
For example i recorded my self speaking, what do i need to do or use to upload it into GG so it can work ?
Also how do i import other sounds , let's say i googled Window Crashing and i want to upload it to the GG what do i do so it can work ?
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
And also this car
https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/car/sport/subaru-brz-fa20-2014#_=_
I want to put it in GG which type i choose from those
ubaru_BRZ_FA20_2014.3ds.zip (798 KB) Download
Subaru_BRZ_FA20_2014.dae.zip (3.09 MB) Download
Subaru_BRZ_FA20_2014.fbx.zip (2.8 MB) Download
Subaru_BRZ_FA20_2014.igs.zip (333 Bytes) Download
Subaru_BRZ_FA20_2014.max.zip (1.8 MB) Download