Scripts / FPSC Characters (FPI to LUA)

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2016 06:38
Hi everyone, decided to get into a bit of LUA and I'm just having a complete nightmare. I've been trying to get many character scripts working for the past year with not much success. I've brought back the great models from FPSCx9 that I have purchased long ago and would like to to use in GG. I figure it be no problem to get them to work. I was able to get the Lobotomite to work fine. Though the green one floats during test game always (started happening after a few updates). Anywho, I've been trying to get the very large creature Dante to work since about this time last year with no success. The original script i had allowed for him to attack in 3 random ways but it bugs out to much. The issue im having even with the current script is he keeps stopping in his tracks once he gets close enough to the player. He just doesn't attack unless you move the player in an odd fashion in front of him.

Here is my script (i have no idea what I'm doing anymore) and I feel I'm wasting more time to get a simple script functioning and its been a dreadful experience for when I was able to get simple tasks working in FPI. I feel I have to limit the characters AI just to get them to remotely do what I want them to.

Any help would be great as I'm find this struggle to be depressing.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 03:37 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 06:08
I should also mention that the creature is using the exact same code for the working lobotomite creature. So the only difference is the animation frame cycle.

I've also applied the same script to the Viral Outbreak creatures and most of them actually work. Unsure why Dante creature does not. I really can't figure it out. I even gave him a greater distance from player range (120) due its larger size.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 10:46 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 10:50
i already have a script for dante and the lobot guy
place it in scriptbank\bond1 and use my fpes (just to make sure the animations are the same)
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 22:00 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 22:11
Thanks! Though I'm wondering what was causing the issue I'm experiencing? As I'd like to learn LUA for creatures as I have many I'm working on via 3dsmax. Oddly enough another creature of which I've not tampered with that is someone elses... is showing the same issues. Wondering if this is an issue outside of LUA and with the engine version itself.

I'm really hoping LUA becomes just as powerful and easy to make characters do what we want as FPI was. I could do anything in FPI without problem.

EDIT: Just had a conversation with Harry and he says he's experienced the same issue. Also apparently one of the stock characters was doing the same behavior during a twitch session with Lee. Potentially a hard-coded issue. Since the scripts I am using does use some hardcoded references.

I'm generally quite good at trouble-shooting and problem solving, even in unfamiliar territory. But if there are aspects that are hardcoded I cannot fix myself... then I'm kind of stuck (in terms of learning LUA and making things work).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 05:03:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 05:03:28