Product Chat / Just wanted to say you guys are great!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just thought I would show my appreciation to the community and dev team by saying thank you for being so welcoming and patient with those who are complete virgins, like myself, in game development. I thought I would never get anywhere with scripting or level design until I found Game Guru. After suffering through Leadwerks for almost a year and constantly hitting walls, with a community that seems to suffer from a sense of 'elitism', it's nice to find such a nice friendly bunch of people that seem to bend over backwards to help. I of course will b taking full advantage of this for sure

Cheers!
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 22:59
I think most of us are the same boat. We have great ideas but don't want to spend years coding and agonising over them. Fair enough, you have to wait years for the engine to catch up, but for newcomers, you get 3-4 years of pain condensed into a nice little game maker with many more years of cool features to come I must warn you, this community can keep you hooked for a decade!!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 23:27
Yeah, I have to agree with the OP.

The dev team, mods, and the wider community here are just a great bunch - friendly and helpful. Some of the people here obviously have real knowledge and experience in the game-making field that only comes from many, many years in the industry - and are more than happy to share their knowledge.

Lee, I think GG is a fantastic piece of software, and it will just keep getting better I'm sure, but what makes it awesome is the team behind it and the community that backs it.

So yeah a big THANKS EVRYONE from me too! (ooh did I shout that out lol)

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 18:49:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 18:49:27