Product Chat / Help so i can start my project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was gifted game guru with all the packs with it .. and iam really happy .. my goal i won't speak it in much detail just some superficial side of it that i need help with it.
My game will be a simple survival game Like for example Killing floor .. where the player survives a decent wave of zombies and earns money from each zombie killed.
And a shop spawns where he can buy items necessary for the journey and can Hire NPCs to fight with him.

My questions that i want to create in GG.
-How do i make zombies in the spawn point Extremely aggressive with the player .. Because the in game zombies are So Slow and so stupid .. they stop chasing me and hit me rubbishly.. so how do i increase their speed and make them chase the spawned player like this player must be killed.

-How do i make the objective is killing a certain amount of X so the next wave takes X amount to spawn and for each amount killed of zombies he earns X .. where do i put those details ?

-How do i make a shop spawn or appear when the wave ends ?

-How do i make The hostile NPCs that is created in game are hostile to zombies and only follow the player while shooting the zombies.

-How do i design my own weapons and zombies and insert them in game ?

- How do i make a certain zombies Faster than others .. and Make Bigger size zombies spawn at a specific time and not before it.?

- How do i make the player able to spawn objects like fence , boxes with cash he earned so zombies can't pass through , and how do i make zombies attack those boxes and fences .. not just stop their.
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
1) Look into their scripts and change it
2) Nowhere, you must create a script or buy one
3) Per script with hide(e) and show(e) commands
4) No AI vs AI possible at the moment. There are some tries from some forum members, but nothing really good. Also no real support from GG itself
5) Lern to model, animate and then look at the gunfiles in gamecore to see how they are used.
6) Per script and speed increase in the properties of the entity
7) Per script like 3) nearly the same, just some more vars

I know this is maybe not the answer you want to hear, but for what you want, you need to do some work and spend time or spend money and pay some people.

Sorry
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 17:26
@RvD : Do you think there is a market for an official 'DLC style offering' which is an entire game (such as a killing floor clone), complete with assets, scripts and levels that could be taken by the end user and modified into their own version of said game? My gut feel is that this would lead to a lot of similar looking games, but certainly more games out there. I remember back in the day, there were so many SEUCK games on coverdiscs there was a ban on submissions from games made with this remarkable game maker. We had briefly discussed 'game kits' but decided instead for asset packs so you could combine them anyway you wish. Alternatively, perhaps a lot more UI sided control of AI so you can say 'this spawns', 'that hides for 20 seconds', e.t.c. If you had a choice of only one, which one would you choose? Thanks for the feedback!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 17:44
@LeeBamber - There are many examples on Steam of games where the developer has taken a Unity asset pack and made it into a game, with almost no personal input whatsoever, resulting in a bunch of games that are just carbon copies of each other. Although this isn't Unity's fault, this so-called 'asset flipping' has resulted in a lot of bad publicity for Unity.
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
I said i wanna create my own assets because i don't want another cheap game on the field and this idea above is just some what i made it close to killing floor cause it's the core of just what i want to do .. surviving .. but i have so much in my mind to make it not another clone.. but can i know where are those scripts that are mentioned every where ?
like where are those scripts how do i attach them .. or modify them .
Like GG is really good engine so far .. but it starts to appear like almost any other game engine xD only easy thing here it makes spawning a ready to put objects and some scripts ready for the newbies like me .. nothing more advanced so far.
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 18:54
@RvD - this thread https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207801 is a treasure trove of free scripts, as well as instructions on how to use them. With the free scripts on that thread (there are also many others to be found in the script section of the forum) as well as store scripts, there's a lot you can do without any scripting knowledge. The twitch broadcasts are also worth watching, as they show (among other things) how to create scripts, so even without prior scripting knowledge you can get the hang of things pretty quickly.
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
I see thank you.
Seems it will be a long journey .
Btw GG uses Lua script right ?
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 20:14 Edited at: 17th Feb 2016 20:15
Please no DLC, we already have some of these scripts in the store. Search for cod zombie mod. That should be nearly the same as killing floor.

Scripts are in the folder: GameGuru/files/scriptbank. this are lua files you can open with notepad or a lua editor of your choice.
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
Great thank you.
Where do i search for scripts like killing floor ? am sorry for asking such questions.
PM
display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do you think there is a market for an official 'DLC style offering' which is an entire game (such as a killing floor clone), complete with assets, scripts and levels that could be taken by the end user and modified into their own version of said game? My gut feel is that this would lead to a lot of similar looking games, but certainly more games out there. I remember back in the day, there were so many SEUCK games on coverdiscs there was a ban on submissions from games made with this remarkable game maker. We had briefly discussed 'game kits' but decided instead for asset packs so you could combine them anyway you wish. Alternatively, perhaps a lot more UI sided control of AI so you can say 'this spawns', 'that hides for 20 seconds', e.t.c. If you had a choice of only one, which one would you choose? Thanks for the feedback!"

The DLC package demos and the vanilla demo games already offer some great templates and scripts to use in our own creations. I'm not sure if 'ready made games' is a good idea since there is such a big temptation for some people to just repackage it, stick their name on it and call it a day. Maybe a smaller pack maybe (like we have already, but on a smaller scale and a lower price), with small add-ons like a few scripts, a few assets etc. Maybe a 'updated zombie pack' for example, with modular zombies that can be used in the character creator? Throw in a double barrel shotgun, a few 'modern day' melee weapons, maybe a few extra props and stuff. I don't know if anyone would be interested in that. You called call them 'mini-packs'!
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
What can i use to create my own assets and weapon models etc ?
And if you check my steam profile do i have any that can do that ?
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 23:04
Some great early feedback. Good to know there will be 'major flak' if I went for making 'mini-game' packs. It had been discussed, but next time I will feed in this possible backlash from the time spent making them. Perhaps spend the same energy on new assets for existing DLCs, make them really massive
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 23:23
@RvD: I would start with Blender, as it is a complete model and animation program for free. You can then make your assets and weapons in there and import them into Game Guru.

For a paint program to help make textures, you can purchase Photoshop, or use an open source program like GIMP, from GIMP.org

A lot of reading and watch a lot of videos and you can have custom assets for you game.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What can i use to create my own assets and weapon models etc ?
And if you check my steam profile do i have any that can do that ?"

You won't be able to do that within Game Guru. You will have to use a programme like Blender (which is free on steam) and then find an appropriate texture that is royalty free. You will have to then convert the model you back to Game Guru as an .x format and then import it via the entity importer in Game Guru. This will take a lot of time and effort on your part obviously. If I was you, I would first make something with the standard assets in Game Guru (there are plenty) as a 'prototype' first if you have no experience and then gradually 'replace' everything piece by piece, you could even use the same scripts. I'm sure someone would be willing to help with that of you ask. I have no desire to create my own assets, it's too time consuming and I'm only one person doing it as a hobby, so I have no idea how to make anything other than a simple shape. But best of luck to you!
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2016 00:20
Quote: "You will have to use a programme like Blender (which is free on steam)"

Is the version of Blender on Steam v. 2.69? If it is not, then you need to go to blender.org and download 2.69.
v. 2.7 and above seem to break the Directx plugin and produce strange, reverse-normal looking meshes, but reversing the normal doesn't fix it. Stick with 2.69!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is the version of Blender on Steam v. 2.69? If it is not, then you need to go to blender.org and download 2.69.
v. 2.7 and above seem to break the Directx plugin and produce strange, reverse-normal looking meshes, but reversing the normal doesn't fix it. Stick with 2.69! "

The one on Steam is v2.76b
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The one on Steam is v2.76b"

The 2.70 series seems to have .X Export issues ....
Download 2.69 here for windows ... That one is very stable ..
https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.69/
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The 2.70 series seems to have .X Export issues ...."

Well I'm afraid if anyone wants any of my cubes or cylinders they will be out of luck
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
i would like just few minutes support on game guru so i can get on my feet that's all.
PM
display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i would like just few minutes support on game guru so i can get on my feet that's all."

If you want help with scripts, then post what you want in the script section of the Forum. Someone will be able to help you. Also if you have look in the scripts forum you might find something that someone has already done. There are also a few scripts in the store that might find useful (like weapon drop scripts etc), which are located in the scripts section of the store. I am a newbie myself, so I have no experience writing complete scripts.
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2016 20:16 Edited at: 18th Feb 2016 20:21
I think it is vital each game is unique and the player probably doesn't want to be immediately aware of which engine was used to make the game. You've done an amazing job by allowing rescaling on the fly. How about retexturing on the fly? I know it would present a problem with UV mapping. How I hate UV mapping! As a starting point, maybe a policy of making/accepting models that come with several compatible/UV mapped textures?

Here's another idea: In the Character Creator the user can tint the clothes any colour. If you added this feature to all textures in a game it would afford at least a bit of a unique feel without the need to use other software.
Julian
PM
display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Here's another idea: In the Character Creator the user can tint the clothes any colour. If you added this feature to all textures in a game it would afford at least a bit of a unique feel without the need to use other software."

What I would like to see is a more 'precise' way of colouring your characters. It's kind of hard at the moment to use the colouring palette to choose precise colours at the moment. I'm not sure what the name for it is, but in programmes like MS paint for example you can choose a selection of pre-set colours as well as creating your own colours with the 1-255 colour code system.
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
@DME, I guess like html with a option to input values *example http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp nice idea

MOS Technology 6510, SID 6581
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 07:41 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 11:38
Quote: "Is the version of Blender on Steam v. 2.69? If it is not, then you need to go to blender.org and download 2.69.
v. 2.7 and above seem to break the Directx plugin and produce strange, reverse-normal looking meshes, but reversing the normal doesn't fix it. Stick with 2.69! "

Quote: "
The 2.70 series seems to have .X Export issues ....
Download 2.69 here for windows ... That one is very stable ..
https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.69/"

I'm using 2.76b and I've seen absolutely no issues exporting .X, the only time my normal get reversed is if I do some wacky combination of duplicating, insetting, extruding, and bevelling to get an effect, and even then that's fix by highlighting the face, pressing CTRL+N and tick the "inside" box on and off a couple of times. Apart from that odd time everything seems to work perfectly for me. I did however have a lot of these issues in previous 2.7x versions though.
i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 09:31
Hey all,
RvD, just wanted to say that you do not need Steam to get Blender, you can get it from blender.org. A good code of practice for any software is ALWAYS get it from the official source - unless forced to do otherwise.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
SounDesign
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 16:28 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 16:37
@ Lee

I think pre-made games would be of little value as a whole, rather (after watching that video of the speed level in Unity) simply adding more content to existing packs, and adding more packs. It actually made me feel guilty as I am sitting on more than 100 new models and sounds I could release, working fine in my maps, but the whole prepping for the store thing is a bit onerous so maybe the video is the rocket under somewhere I needed.

In fact, I think we should put out a big call to action to all and sundry to get busy increasing the volume but retaining quality, of the models etc in the store.

I think the EBE was my highest priority, and if we can get to simply 'paint' different surfaces or even just 'colour shift' as was mentioned earlier, that would be great.

cheers for now

Phil
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 19:39 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 22:39
At this point GG is just a level editor unless you can script. Any custom items besides static objects are a pain to get into GG. I hope this changes soon, but ya never know. Blender is a good app for animations etc like was stated above. It is also great for direct texturing onto the model instead of having to paint on uvs. Theres lots of Blender tutorials on youtube.

GG still needs...
Building Creator: Work In Progress

Animation Editor: Needs a simple editor with the option to set animation frames.

Weapons Editor: Nothing simple about this, but it needs one.

Quest Creator: Nuff said on that one...

Character Creator: Has one, but needs the option to place armor parts etc. Armor parts could be added to a naked mesh via bone points. A robed model would allow for allot of customization via transparent textures. This is the way allot of MMOS create multiple armor sets. You take one robed model and just re-texture it with transparent textures making parts invisible to create something new. I was working on one to release for free to the community, but couldn't get it right in frag so gave up. I can not get direct x to import into Blender. A robed model can create: Trench coats, armor, vests, etc etc

Once it has those items none coders will be able to make a custom game.

Best of luck,

Alpha Armor example

"So let it be written; so let it be done."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Weapons Editor: Nothing simple about this, but it needs one."

it definitely needs more types of special weapon projectile too, like; flamethrower, grenade launcher, laser... i'd love to see a way to actually create weapons similar to the character creator and then also assign what type of projectile each weapon has.
the grenade also needs more work to actually make it somewhat easier to use - it's very much a blind throw right now.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 15:19:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 15:19:16