Scripts / Prompt script positioning help

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 20:50
Hey all I'm implementing a short quick tutorial on a deployable field base kit that I have in game (when deployed stops you freezing to death ) problem is because its on a snow planet you carnt see it where it is in the daytime so I need it positioning in the middle of the screen and anywhere between half way and up to the top so it can be seen. Anyways if anyone can help thanks in advance

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
you cant move Prompt, you need to use TextCenterOnX or one of the other 'Text' commands
and/or put a Panel behind the Prompt/Text

so
Panel(40,40,60,50)
TextCenterOnX(50,44,3,"I can read this")
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 21:40 Edited at: 11th Feb 2016 21:41
Lol thought i'd pestered you enough smallg this game will be more yours than mine thing is ive got soo much stuff going on with the cold menu, night and day menu, inventory menu, oh and not forgetting the deployable field base menu you did for me I'm running out of space for text lol. I'm still arranging those so they don't overlap and not very good at it so its taken all day, got the camps and cold all working on levels 4 and 5 tho (pretty awesome too) thing was I then thought ewe how am I going to inform the player they are going to freeze to death if they don't get the field base kit? I did watch Dvaders vid on setting up an AI text script = the store man to shout at the player e.g " hey you'll need to take a field base kit with you or you'll freeze to death!!" but got an error which when I looked up said I was missing an end. Tried adding 1 didn't work then 2 stopped the error but didn't work at all..lol so maybe a 3 line text script assigned to the store man might work but couldn't find a working example so went back to getting on with putting all this into the game . Hoping I may get help if I begged lol
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 22:20
PMSL now that was funny I sorted the menus out and went to test on level 4 I put the field base kit in a building ( the stores) menus look fine bla bla picked up the field base and was holding a door? some very strange graphics so I dropped it I was carrying the building god I love those mad things lol ok lets see if I can sort that although carrying a big building is kinda funny

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:17:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:17:10