Scripts / XYZ coordinates nowhere to be found in GG Editor???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 16:22
Anything that involves movement in GG (as controlled through a LUA script) requires XYZ coordinates, yet in the editor, as well as the run time simulation, these coordinates are nowhere to be found. I just do not understand why such a simple and basic piece of information is missing.

In the lower right of the editor there is an X and Z display, but the numbers associated with these tags have nothing to do with the values needed to move objects to and from particular locations. Having spent some time with Dark Basic Pro (upon which GG is based) it is a very simple process to display the X Y Z values, based upon the center point of the cursor in the display. Why hasn't this been done in the GG editor?

I created a script that displays the coordinates of the player inside the run time simulation, but it is such a pain to have to go back and forth between the editor and run time to find the coordinates of locations. Is there any way to get this information into the editor?

I have already posted this to Feature Creep. Emphasis on the "Creep" as in... very slow montion
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
as you saw the numbers are kinda there already it's just divided by 100 (and 1000 in the z case)
it would make more sense to show these in full though.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 03:35
Hi Smallg, been a while. Hope all's well.

Did not know about the x100/z1000. Is that for the center of the current cursor on the map? If it is that would be helpful, (as long as I have a calculator handy).

Man, just a simple extra line of code and display the actual numbers?????

Also, We Need The " Y "

Six months of Lee focused on adding features (like in Reloaded days), including stuff for us coders, and we could really get to work. That means more users and More Money, which I assume is the reason for TGC.

Take Care
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:50:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:50:41