Product Chat / Why is GameGuru incapable of loading without DLC being installed - Error 8003 ?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Fresh Install of GameGuru, and no DLC required, yet it keeps throwing a 8003 error complaining that path to (insert DLC here) cannot be found. I really don't need the DLC again and don't wish to download it all again. I just want to run a "quick" proof of concept through the engine.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 16:22
Did you deactivate the DLC's through steam?
What kind of map did you try?
Does this happen on a blank map?

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have deactivated all DLC through Steam, and this is a fresh install of GameGuru. There is no map and I can't even get to the stage where I could create one as I cannot progress past this error which appears at the GameGuru loading screen.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 20:17
Does you add backup stuff, or are you working with fresh install stock ones?

Asking about, because I've noticed a file named "Guru-MapEditor-last.txt", doing reference to many DLC files, you has used in your maps before, so maybe GG run into error, when does not found those files. I though.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi 3com. I thought this was maybe it too, but I had deleted everything to do with Game Guru on my system prior to this fresh install. When I un-installed GameGuru last time, I went back into the Steam directory (and the Games directory) and deleted those folders, so I don't think anything remained. Maybe there is another storage location?
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 21:34
Quote: "Maybe there is another storage location?"

Not idea.
I know there are some apps than create a temp file while installing, (ignore if GG does), and when you uninstall it, the app does not delete the temp file, so when you reinstall the app first search for temp file, if it already exist, the app use it as base file, so you do not get a true fresh install. All this, without taking in count, the reg entries.
I had done a GG temp file search in my pc, it say not found anything, but some apps name their temp file like "35NVBF444SDA.tmp", so is very difficult to search them.

I wonder about process when you verify cache via steam app, and it say something like " can not verify X amoung of files, will be dowloaded again". So I wonder if GG does the same when installing?
If so, steam/GG looks than you own those DLC files, but GG do not being able to found then, so crash.

Maybe should be some sort of "deactivateconkit=1", but "deactivateDLC=1", in Setup file.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why is GameGuru incapable of loading without DLC being installed - Error 8003 ? "

Ok so I just Uninstalled GG and all the DLC's ....
Then Reinstalled and ran GameGuru without any problems and without the DLC's ....
I have now reinstalled the DLC's and again no issues ?

RUNTIMEERROR_PATHCANNOTBEFOUND 8003..... Have you custom installed perhaps ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Synchromesh. No custom install, other than having my Steam directory in the E rather than the C drive.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 01:02
Here's an idea that's way out there, but it happened to me a long time ago (same galaxy, though) with Reloaded. Do you have FPSCreator installed also? I remember Reloaded would always show maps that I created in FPSC in the recent files list in the File drop-down. I haven't had FPSC on my laptop since I replaced the hard drive, though, so I don't know if that still happens. Maps, regardless of where they're from, though, shouldn't generate errors from the list alone. Just a thought. The "another location" made me recall that, as well as 3com's "temp file" comment. Good luck!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Gervais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 21:24
You may try to look into the registry for Game Guru or the DLC in error they may be a reference in there that may cause some problem
PM
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies and suggestions everyone. Instead of trying to get it to work without the DLC, and because time was at a premium, I just downloaded the DLC again.
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 01:13
How about checking on steam's end. Sometimes when you download from steam you need to reconfirm everything downloaded correctly.
Go to your Game Guru listing in your steam account.
Right click it and hit properties.
Then hit the Local files tab.
Then hit Verify Integrity of Application cache.

This will tell you if necessary files did or didn't download properly.
Hope This Helps.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 13:23
Check your start marker properties, and see if there is a weapon assigned. Remove it and see if it will run and build.
Just looked at a map with the same issues, and solved it by clearing the weapon from the start marker, that had the wrong path.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-25 01:47:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-25 01:47:27