Scripts / Mouse pointer constantly appearing in upperleft corner of the screen.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to this, so I'm sorry that I can't give much information because I don't know what I would give. Anyways, I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqDR6PEXpEk and I figured that I would try to make my own quest using that script. I downloaded it from the forum thread and applied it and it worked perfectly. Anyways, after that I decided to change the pointer which I got from the forum thread so I made my own in paint and replaced the old one. At first it worked fine, but for some reason after a while a strange thing happened.

Everytime I launch the game now the pointer always appears in the upperleft corner of the screen. The cursor still works in the quest menus and such, but it's just really annoying to have it there. I've tried switching back to the original pointer I got from the forum thread but it doesn't help. So, anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks!
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
you need to look for SetSpritePosition()
did you edit the script?
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Fillwish
Years of Service
User Offline
I did edit the script, but only the dialogue (I can't script whatsoever).
I looked at the part where it said spriteposition and it read this:

if MouseOn == 1 then
SetSpritePosition ( pointersprite , g_mouseX, g_Mousey )
else
SetSpriteposition ( pointersprite , 200 , 200 )
end

I'm sorry, I do realise that it can't be easy to help someone who doesn't know how to code at all.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
did you set the script object to always active? <- most likely culprit
did you add any other scripts that control sprites? <- possible interference

otherwise it might be a silent error in the code, if it still doesnt work you can email me the script and i can take a look at it.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Fillwish
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to switch the script objects from always active on and off but it didn't help. And I'm pretty sure I haven't added any other scripts that control sprites.

The weird thing is, I tried to only use one quest, because right now I'm using two, and when I only have one quest, it works perfectly. The mouse doesn't constatly show in the upperleft corner. Anyone got any clue what might cause this?
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 14:49
Did you assign the quest script to a dynamic entity other then the Characters them self? One quest script can do as many as you enter into the script. But you only need one quest script.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 10:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 10:24:29