Off Topic / The division Beta

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 07:20
anyone else play it and whose excited for launch, would love to get a group together to run darkzone with, if you didnt feel free to check out my steam screenshots and i'll try and get a video up of a darkzone run in the next 24 hours
PC Specs: Windows 10 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like cheating will always be a huge problem with the way they have set up the client... Unless they can rewrite the code to also handle the variables too but its unlikely they will get that done quickly.
And a simple anti cheat tool is not enough, there are so many ways to by pass them its almost not worth having it, they aren't a solution to poor network code.
Although I see they have "vowed" to tackle the cheating issue before launch so I may be wrong... I would recommend holding off purchasing it until you know for sure though.

I played an mmo back when they were first on the scene with the same problem, it gradually got better protected but even now you can still cheat because it has the same problem of letting the client store the information without checking it server side, they had to keep fixing it as they went but the game quickly lost its player base due to the cheats and the fact that instead of working on updates they were too busy trying to control the hacking and as such it never really made it.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 03:25:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 03:25:29