Free Models and Media / Free HD Colorful Sunset Sky

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2016 18:37
Hey guys
I am providing a free copy of one of my skies to those who want it. All I ask is you check out my blog and subscribe - I have no real easy way to track this so we'll go by honor system. If nothing else, I wanted to thank the community which has on the whole been an excellent resource and one of the best assets of this game system.

So if nothing else, thanks for your freebies - so here's one of my own. If you can check out my blog - more's the better!

Thanks!
Name: Colorful sunset
Description: Colorful sunset is modeled after a recent one I saw and have been trying to capture the colors of for some time. It's an outdoor terrestrial scene rendered with 2048x2048 pixel images so it's substantially large in terms of file size (like my other works) - each one is 12 megs or so in size. It's got light pink clouds, a yellow corona around a white hot sun with a deep blue backdrop. This being an HD sky, it may impact lower quality systems due to the amount of memory used for it's textures.

Thumbnail:

Sample pic:

Download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00724281969974517930

Installation:
Contains skybank/colorful_sunset/etc
- unzip the file into your game-guru/files directory and merge it with the skybank folder.
str8savagem8
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Really nice, Bolt Action Gaming. Hopefully it won't slow the engine too much. Thank you.
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 14:24 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2016 14:24
Thanks - pretty quiet in here so I appreciate it. As to slowdown - it's hard to tell as I run everything on a gtx 960 - but for me I notice no problems. It actually came out really well in the engine, a super bright afternoon sky.
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 16:39
Thanks Bolt Action Gaming, I do enjoy your blog and will continue to follow it, This is great btw
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Bolt Action Gaming. Nice moody sunset.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
str8savagem8
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm on my computer now, will test it now. I'm on a Radeon HD 7700. Don't know how good it is, but it must be pretty good because I can run most games on high settings.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Feb 2016 22:20
Quote: "I'm on my computer now, will test it now. I'm on a Radeon HD 7700. Don't know how good it is, but it must be pretty good because I can run most games on high settings."

It's on OK card, a little dated now but can handle quite a bit, i'd recommend it as an entry level gaming card, something people didn't know at the time and caused a bit of a scandal, it's almost identical to the older 6770 card, they repurposed the older design slapped a different sticker on it and charge £50 more :p

It's not a patch on the NVidia 9xx range though, NV did a great job on them, I love my ASUS 960 stryx, not much I can't play on ultra with a fairly decent FPS, I highly recommend it.

As to the skybox, haven't had a chance to look at it yet, been busy learning something in blender then writing a guide for someone on the forum here lol, but tomorrow i'll check it out on each of my machines (I have multiple for testing purposes, main is i7 with a NV960, then I have and i5 with an AMD 6770, an i3 with Radeon integrated graphics, and a Q6600 with intel graphics, helps to text how things work across multiple levels ), i'll let you know how it performs.
str8savagem8
Years of Service
User Offline
Just ran it on a level I'm working on. Didnt notice a drop, still got 60fps, with the lowest it drops going to ~45. It's nice, good work Bolt Action Gaming.
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 20:28
Good deal. I was worried about the amount of texture memory being used with each side of the box (except the floor) taking like 12mb per tex. That's a lot of memory dedicated to the skybox though realistically I don't know how GG manages that portion of it's space so it may be less impactful than I'd expect.
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2016 18:24
Very cool. Will try it out. Thanks.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Requiem-Humanity-Last-Days-Book-ebook/dp/B00CQ4M4W0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1454320179/]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 14:10:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 14:10:46