Off Topic / Far Cry Primal (No Spoilers)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone else excited about this game? Graphics look gorgeous. As did Far Cry 4's graphics.

I like the fact they are trying to take the series in a new direction, so it will be a bit of a gamble playing it and seeing if the gameplay is what I like, but on the other hand features such as taming wild animals do sound awesome! So hopefully it will provide a fresh new experience. On the negative side, I will miss the guns in Far Cry 4, to be replaced by very basic weapons.

What do you all think? Worth pre-ordering? I think I might...
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2016 16:05
Far Cry 4 was basically just Far Cry 3 in a slightly different setting, which was disappointing. I hope Far Cry Primal turns out to be different, but Ubisoft being Ubisoft, I won't hold my breath. I'll wait a year or two for a good Steam special.
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 30th Jan 2016 03:52
Imagine they made crysis open world with missions, that is what happened to farcry for me.I simply can't get my head around it, far more enjoyed the linear approach of the first of even thought the levels were huge.While I agree the graphics is stunning I simply can't get my self to play the game.

I did enjoy farcry 3 blood dragon, that was almost like the old farcry for me, while I do have all the far cry games, I am yet to play 2.

Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2016 05:40
The theme of the game is actually touching on the type of game I've always wanted to make
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2016 08:15
@wizard of id - Far Cry 2 did a great job creating the atmosphere of rural Africa - unfortunately I found the game itself monotonous and depressing. The original Far Cry is still my favourite. FC 3 is very good in many ways - good variety in terms of the missions, like the first Far Cry, some interesting and well-written characters (the protagonist is a bit of a tool, though). FC4 is uninspired, Blood Dragon was fun.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2016 23:07
"far cry" is my favorite game series. i love all parts but my favorite is FC3 because the stories and characters are well done. FC4 was looking awesome but it was not a really deep and well constructed story. it was fun to play anyway. i guess "primal" will be a good game. although i find the idea very brave but i guess it might bring us back to the basics of survival. i already preordered the game in austria and i hope i will have such a great gaming experience like i had with all the "FC" games before. i'm looking forward to it and i think i will not be disappointed.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2016 10:50 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2016 08:17
the deluxe edition has just been delivered to me i will visit stone age tonight.

EDIT:

wow. beautiful!
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 12:52

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 19:04
wow looking very awesome... i think i gonna buy it..
saw the trailers..

Harry
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 19:04
Looks pretty good - reckon I'll wait a year or two for a 75% Steam special.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 06:58

the game is very nice. it is a total far cry feeling but it's also something totally new. you don't have the camera to mark enemies, you have an owl that can even attack enemies or throw stuff at them. you don't have modern firearms but clubs, spears and a bow and you can get very effective support by tamed animals that do the dirty work for you. instead of handgranades you have beehives to throw that's fun. the enemies are really tough especially later in the game there are "blue people" that are really really hard to kill. they throw darts, fire and poison at the player. really a tough job.
you also have these totally crazy charcters like in the games before. not that charismatic like vaas but also very strange and funny. you can also walk through a drug induced dreamforest where all animals are glowing. also well known from FC3 and FC4.

the game is really nice but i find it kinda hard. the nature, light, etc is awesome!
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2016 04:23 Edited at: 1st Mar 2016 05:02
well the PC version releases in about 40 minutes and i will be straight onto it and streaming it if anyone wants to watch heres the stream link :

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowhunterau

so to be clear GMT+8 PERTH time will be from 1:01pm
EDIT APPX 20 mins for steam to get game ready to launch

PC Specs: Windows 10 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 07:16
last night after 35+ hours i finished the story mode and it was really nice. a typical farcry game feeling but with a totally new setting. there were 2 bossfights and they were really challenging. usually when i find something "hard enough" most people say "it it too easy" :/
the animals that walk with the player are great. when you are in the final stages of the game you really have powerful beats that guide you and kill every enemy in sight. i sabretooth cat (in wenja it's "tigri") or a bear or wolves. the animals need some food and some pats from time to time.
i would say 80/100.
btw. i did not have any notable bugs. there were indeed some bugs in the game but this were the usual ubisoft/farcry bugs like "kill person XY and search it" and when you do so you cannot search the body so you have to restart the mission. but that's not a big deal.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 04:39
I was looking into the game and from what I have seen, its a great game that should have been in development for another year.
But I love the setting so I'll end up buying it once its a little cheaper.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 00:03 Edited at: 21st Mar 2016 00:04
I just finished this game and I liked it as much as number 3. They did a really good job on the locations and atmosphere. Besides number three this is the only one I actually enjoyed doing side quests. It does have the same formula as the last two games in a lot of places but it still manages to feel different. I really liked number two but it seemed Africa was kind of dead compared to the others. Africa has a lot of cool animals and the only animals I remember seeing was a zebra and a gazelle and they were few and far between. It seemed like the game could have benefited from having an alligator rip you in the water or a lion or hyena come to kill you (along with a nicer animals too, I'm not completely morbid ) .
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 16:05:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 16:05:56