Scripts / CSI_ Animation clarification/help

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 27th Jan 2016 13:10 Edited at: 27th Jan 2016 13:16
I wonder if somebody can help me out with csi anim lines in FPE.

Basically I've finally figured how to get Fuse characters and Mixamo anims to work in GameGuru and i'm importing some characters. At the moment I'm trying to get together a set of animations to cover non-combat npc's, pistol using npc's and shotgun using npc's, using the ai_neutral and ai_soldier scripts.

This is the list of csi anim commands I know so far (I removed the Uzi, Rocket and Assault ones as I don't need them), I have a couple of questions.

1. Obviously I want to have to create the least number of anims possible while keeping the finctionality of the characters as high as possible, so which ones do I not need for my purpose listed above?
2. I can see the shotgun csi anims listed, but there's nothing for the pistol, which ones would be associated with the pistol weapons?
3. Some of the csi anims are self explanatory like movefore would obviously be a walk forward animation, however many aren't very obvious, for example what is csi_unarmed1? What kind of animation would go there. Is there a list of all the csi animations and what kind of animation they correspond to? Or could anybody list those that they know for me?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i'll see if i can help you out a bit as i've worked with most of these at some point - the ones that work anyway - most of these don't have direct calls though i will add notes to tell you what animation they play)
note; if i say "not sure this is used yet" or "not used" i mean it doesnt have a direct AI command (like CharacterControlArmed(e) etc) but you can still reference these frames manually and for stock characters they do actually have the correct animations.

i did it from memory so there may be a few mistakes but hopefully that helps

life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2016 13:55
Thanks SG, very much appreciated and extremely helpful, I assume then that a pistol character would use the csi_stood and csi_crouch anims right?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2016 14:06
OK, so going through the list, I could easily cut it down to just the ones listed below and have a viable set of general purpose animations for neutral (with a few added for manual control and posing ie sitting etc), pistol and shotgun using npc's by the looks of it.

Thanks SG, very much appreciated, certainly makes it a lot less work for me.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2016 14:08
I am a little confused though, there doesn't appear to be any firing animations, am I just missing them, or do they not exist?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
it's likely linked to 1 of them but im not sure which, you could find out by prompting GetAnimationFrame(e) while a character is firing and then finding the one that matches though frames - i would but i cant access GG still
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2016 15:39
Yeah, neither can I at the moment, I was just getting a list prepared for when I get home tonight, going to work on putting together an animations set I can save and apply to any character I make whenever I need it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 18:14:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 18:14:10