Free Models and Media / free Ocean Cave

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 22:04 Edited at: 16th Jan 2016 22:11
Hi all.

Here is a Long twisted Cave with good roughness with protruding rocks so its not just a straight tube tunnel/cave
This cave has also a front flanged opening to bed into the landscape that you make,

this cave does not cut into any of the ground so you would have to put soil/ground or other rock around it to suite.
well have a look and see what one can make with it. oh it has a high texture,

i will make more caves to add/connect to. and a odium for big battles and more underground rooms to hide in..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 23:19
Not bad. Looks really good.

Just one thing though, it seems to be illuminated by the sun/moon inside when light mapped, would be great if there was no illumination inside so you could make it dark and walk through it with a torch Illuminating only circles on the walls.. so much potential
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 00:07
Nice work...
Thank you...

Harry
Harry
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 00:41
That is not the modellers fault on the light mapping. that is the engine shader at the moment.

@spudnick: I like it, great job.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 11:34
Nice spudnick!
Thank you mate.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great thanks ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is another tunnel with better texture and also a side opening, i have also made a very large cave complex with loads of tunnels so it can be used as a multiplayer battle cave
so this large cave will be adapted to join onto these tunnels.

Note : i will re do the texture of the first cave model and it has a lot of stretching in it.

Attachments

PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2016 04:17
Thanks , I will put these to use !
PM
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 20:04 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2016 23:15
here is a few screen shots of my battle cave system in the making.
I have called it a battle cave because it will be a large multiplayer cave map with ots of tunnels inside and has above openings. So you can also battle all over.
just have to spend a long time texturing now.

Attachments

PM
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
well here is a taster,
after spending all day texturing this battle cave does need more tuning,
but thought to let others have a play around inside and on top of the structure to get some feed back from the actual model to see if there is any bad points about it before polishing the texture,

Attachments

PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2016 01:10 Edited at: 25th Jan 2016 01:23
I had a little extra time today so took a look at this since I like these kind of organic models. There were 11items in the scene file with two meshes which had a total of 46,816 faces, you have two meshes the same and the rest were 0 count as probably some kind of widgets, you may also encounter a lot of 'z' clashing with two meshes occupying the same space. Since both meshes were exactly the same and not named for LOD, I assume they are an accident so removed one of these to get down to 23,888 faces for the cave.

This is still a little high for GG and wouldn't lightmap as you may want but it is still usable and a nice model. I also looked at unwrapping the uv's but decided to go with a simple box uvw map which works pretty well, I haven't taken it into GG to see if any small stretched areas, which will most likely be on any angular faces or whatever as I don't have the time but at least I discovered the double mesh issue

These kind of organic models can be a real challenge to uv map properly, I hope you don't think I am criticizing this and just wanted to help out a little and it still needs a little more work on it....nice work so far

Attachments

vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2016 17:49 Edited at: 25th Jan 2016 17:49
Thanks for the caves great stuff
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
@Rolfy. Oh no i would not go against what you have found and done
just really glad you have taken the time to have a look and give feedback. Bravo for you expertise.
i did not realize there was two meshes, as did not look at the poly count to be honest,
i think i may have imported it twice after i saved it, as was so tired from looking at all angels i do remember i fell asleep at making it so i'm not sure what my fingers did, may of copied and pasted by mistake lol
well this model has been a challenge and took me about 20 hours to get sort of right lol.
my style of texturing is using a voxel way, for those who don't no is that i paint a texture onto so many polygons onto the mesh, then move on to a next part, so i'm working in a 3d enviament and not on a UV map. i would love to do it on a UV map but cant get my head around the UV-eeing so to speak,
i have bought 3D-Coat and Ultimate Unwrap and have blender and Max and many other bits of software but i cant seem to get my head around how you talanted guys do it
it only took me about Two hours to make the model but days to texture it, and as you have said an organic model is very hard to do, specially trying to do the texturing.
i will be given 3D coat a good blast at texturing cus it has a more of a way that i do understand,
i will try your corrected mesh asap and see what i can learn. Thx and most preiciated for your feed back AND TIME
PM
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 15:24 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2016 22:18
Finally got chance to use model in GG
and the texture is far better than what I done.
Thank you rolfy.
What software do you use for texturing as you seem to of done it quicker than what i can do and is near perfect as there is only a small amount of stretching.
Well if I know what software you used to use UV box and so i would like to try and learn myself

The software I have so far is
3D Coat
ultimate Unwrap
Maya
3D Max 3013
Blender
solidworks
Bryce
messiah
3D Crafter
Substance Painter
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I simply used uvmap in Max, with large models like this it isn't recommended to unwrap the model for painting since the texture res is going to be low. With map you can repeat the texture across the surface for better resolution.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2016 17:27 Edited at: 9th Feb 2016 22:41
Thank you rolfy for info.
I will have a go in max then as do struggle on complicated models.
I have been trying blender but to many things to do . Well to remember lol

Well
I will youtube on Max for texturing

well i played around in 3d coat and here is the outcome
what do you all think any good or shall i keep trying.

aw i love the GGx and blinn phong BRDF with HDRI real time lighting, , so cant wait for GG to have full light mapping

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/user/PILGWAY3DCoat[/video]

Attachments

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2016 18:34
Thanks for the new freebie
PM
Atom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2016 21:32 Edited at: 26th Mar 2016 01:47
aw I have not been here for a while as a death in the family , and I even carried the coffin
gosh it was heavy.

anyway don't wont to mention the in and outs,
but hey life goes on.

and so doe's my work.
well glad your all enjoying my art work, plenty more will be on its way
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 21:45:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 21:45:44