Scripts / Still having problems with Zombies AI. Someone help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope someone can help me. ive been trying to make a cod like zombie game. but the only problem is the Zombie Ai. and I find it brutal to make it work when the damn zombies run into the walls instead of the player. thanks for reading and comment below to help thanks and if u have spare time I'm trying to find a respawner for the zombies. I got one but I have no clue how the script works, Anyways thank you and ill reply as soon as possible
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 21:16
Zombie AI is very wonky, AI in general is a bit wonky at the moment, characters don't work very well inside, you need to give them plenty of space to move about in.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure all buildings and stuff that the zombies are getting stuck on has forcesimpleobstacle = 3 in the fpe file. (Archways, slabs etc too)
Turn off physics for anything that you can get away with (like decals, roofs if they're separate etc)
Doors also can be an issue, I would test without doors if you are still getting issues.
And finally if its still happening for some but not others try deleting the zombies and areas that aren't working (I have personally had areas that refuse to work despite being exactly the same as other areas that do... And the only fix I found was to delete it and rebuild )

For the respawner, hard to help as you haven't given any information apart from like cod, are you using mine? What does it do and what do you want it to do differently?
If possible / allowed I would post the code so its easier for people to help.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
DukeGriffen
Years of Service
User Offline
I been trying to use your respawner but never got a tutorial about how to set it up. I hope zombies ai will be fixed soon.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 15:01
This should help you out as an example on how to set this up.
See attached map file.

Put both of these files in your mapbank folder.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:34:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:34:52