Off Topic / RIP David Bowie

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 15:20
Look I know I'm a single American in a sea of Brits, but my wife is a huge David Bowie fan; by extension I've really gone from liking his works to loving his works. More profoundly over the past few years as I've learned guitar. Musically and artistically, the guy was gifted in ways I can only dream of.

Labyrinth is the single biggest movie in our house. I have bought her tons of original Labyrinth merch over the years (pins, posters, the original LP, etc). Usually it's difficult as all get out to find.

Even as recently as two weeks ago we decided to name our soon to be born son "Jareth David" - to give you some idea.

She's an artist and has done several 'labyrinth-centric' works:
(her ludo mask)

(her goblin king mask)

Last night, around 5:30am our power went out. It was a weird experience. I got woken up by a thump. The lights were dim, which I've never seen happen in 8 years of living there. Then 10 minutes later - thump again - and the power was completely out. It remains that way. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Bowie's ghost, making it's rounds to some of his biggest fans.

She's going to find out when she wakes up and will be heartbroken, as I imagine a great portion of Brits are right now.

Anyways, Cheers and may he rest well in heaven.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
A big loss .... I'm surprised there haven't been more comments as he was born in London ...
I almost met him once working for a car sales company in his very early days .... The Sales manager came up saying his friend ( who was a recording artist ) had just looked at a car and had someone with him ..His friend told him " BTW This is David Bowie " My manager had never heard of him ...by the time I got downstairs they had pulled away
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2016 19:39 Edited at: 19th Jan 2016 19:40
Put some pics in "Art Showcase"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2016 15:42
Wife just posted a pic to her art site's FB page:
[href=http://]https://www.facebook.com/mariemessinaart/photos/a.328249557207204.81308.181517458547082/1108475605851258/?type=3[/href]

It's her bowie tribute painting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 22:12:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 22:12:45