Scripts / Where does the Physics Weight of an entity get stored...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 02:47
.... the .fpe doesn't seem to have it.

thx!
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 18:37
Select entity (LMB over)>Properties>Physics.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
SMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 06:17
THx 3Com... but that's only how you set it in the editor (to change it from its default value).

I mean... where is it STORED? It seems to me it SHOULD be in the .fpe file, like the strength parameter is.

I want my entity to know FOR ITSELF what physics weight it has. I shouldn't have to tell each and every object what its weight is... any more than I should have to tell each and every entity what shape it has. This SHOULD be in the .fpe

I see talk of phyweight and phyfriction properties... and I tried those, but the game ignores those entries.

Any insights appreciated!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 12:55
I told you I would ask the programmers. Making 7 posts will not get the answer you need as nobody knows this but the programmers.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

SMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 20:11 Edited at: 9th Jan 2016 20:45
How do you know they are the only ones that know? Seriously. I think you underestimate the knowledge (and resourcefulness) of the userbase.

And are there 7 posts, or only two, one for each of the separate forums?

Please... be serious and professional.

Thanks for your kind help.

Hey, I know ElDorado! I grew up in Placerville. Howdy neighbor!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 20:24
Really my friend, I know, I see hundreds of FPE files per week with stuff in them I talk to the programmers weekly. I am on forum support on both this site and steam.

Been with Classic since 2010 and have read every post in these forums and can point you to the right direction in under an hour.

These commands are not listed. Have a bit of patients. Please.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

SMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 21:02
Sure,

It's just that there is evidence of .fpe files supporting them already, as in this thread from the game creators forums:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/192239

An example file shows these parameters in the .fpe:

---------------------------------------------
;Physics
physics = 1 to turn physics on entity, 0 for off ???
phyweight = X - X equals weight of the physical properties of the entity
phyfriction = X - X equals sets the friction delta of the physical properties of the entity
explodable = X - 1 to explode, 0 not to explode
noragdoll = X - 1 not ragdoll compatible, 0 ragdoll compatible?
nothrowscript = ???
alwaysactive = X - 1 for yes, 0 for no
----------------------------------------------------

As you can see, they are the second and third parameters.

What I gather from this is that the .fpe has been around for a bit... as well as these parameters...

We also know that the parameters exist in game, because they can be set in the editor, and they are functional.
So the question *still stands*. Where is this information stored? It is used. It is functional. GG remembers it.
Therefore it *has* to be stored. Therefore the question of WHERE it is stored is *absolutely valid*.

Persistence in solving problems is not a crime. In fact, many consider it key to success. My expectation is that GG Devs are very supportive of helping game developers be successful when using their tools, and provide forums for precisely this purpose.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2016 00:14
you are correct and when they get back to the office we will have our answer. Many of these things were taken out when the new program was made or hard coded as they did not work. they were to be put back in as they were fixed.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th Jan 2016 00:30 Edited at: 10th Jan 2016 00:36
Quote: "It's just that there is evidence of .fpe files supporting them already, as in this thread from the game creators forums:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/192239"

That's a thread for FPSC classic.

FPSC and GameGuru are two very different entities, what is in one isn't always in the other, GameGuru is only loosely based on FPSC, there are a lot of FPE commands in FPSC that aren't in GG and a lot of things that can be edited via FPEin FPSC that have been temporarily hardcoded in GG until they can add them to FPE.

I wouldn't rely on threads in the TGC forums for information on GameGuru, that's why we have separate forums.

As PirateMyke said, there's no information on here because we don't know, he will ask the programmers for you and see if they have added LUA access yet.
SMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2016 01:17 Edited at: 10th Jan 2016 01:19
Thanks for the info, chaps! Especially on how some are currently hard-coded.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 16:13:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 16:13:27