Scripts / RPG Script / Quest / Inventory Script Update / Sorry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 14:06 Edited at: 26th Dec 2015 14:38
Hello everyone,

As some may remember I started down a path to build RPG / Questing / Inventory scripts, and as you may remember I had got very far into the systems, most them completed to a basic level, with lots of future work to expand them.

Sadly this all came to a stop when the people @ GG decided to kill off one of my first scripts I uploaded,

"After some consideration, we don't feel that this is suitable for the store as it is highly likely that a time of day system will be added to the engine in the future and thus this script will be quickly superseded."

Anyway.... Work has settled down and I plan to re-build / dev the codes again...... wether GG lets me list it on their store is a different matter!!1

Paul.
PHP / HTML / JS / Jquery Programmer, Datbase Wizard, Game Maker and LUA scripter
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, but we didn´t need a store with the same script again and again. RPG / Questing / Inventory scripts is already there by Dvader. A night and day script is already created by smallg(for free). So maybe you should describe what your script makes different.

Also Dvader had created a great culling script and this was also never in the store.

I never had this problem, because I didn´t want to earn money with my scripts.

I hope with a complete rewrite you will have success

Good luck
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 15:21
Hello,

I get that repeating scripts over and over is bad, at the time of coding Night / Day / Time of day was not in the store, a complete Questing / RPG / Inventory system with dynamic storage, Buying and Selling was not within the store, and i am sure it is not there right now.

Again, at the time, there was no scripts like mine (apart from a very basic RPG shop script), my Invenstory and other scripts where not in the store at the time.

If GameGuru want a good community, it helps to support them, not throw programs back at them based on the logic that "it might appear in the future".

PHP / HTML / JS / Jquery Programmer, Datbase Wizard, Game Maker and LUA scripter
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree, it makes no sense to stop scripts from being sold in the store, they do that with models too? something that may appear in future model packs is not allowed to be sold?
it's up to the customer if they want to purchase a script or not.
they should only be stopping scripts that are already available from the main engine or are not good enough.

however i dont see how a complete day & night system is possible though, we can't change the skybox.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 15:49
@Smellg,

That is one point I did bring up with GG, to allow LUA script to change skybox ect, the system was a Time of Day, with month, year and day support, (cant be hidden) that also run script so at given hours, the light in the world would get darker, so a dusk time, night time (Fixed light) and dawn (get brighter). rather than just cut to a low light level, the script moved the light level down and up slowly over setup time, so if you said, dawn from 7am to 8am, it would build up light over the time. users can also setup how fast a day goes by.

While not perfect (skybox) i did think it would add a good effect to some games.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 16:20
Quote: "i agree, it makes no sense to stop scripts from being sold in the store"

Generally it doesn't make sense, the more scripts available the better, even if they're similar scripts.

However, in the case of day/night it's understandable, it's something that is confirmed as being a future feature of the game, something you don't need to use a script for, now a free day/night script isn't an issue, but if someone is selling a day/night script what happens when the feature is added? Do all those people who paid cash for the script get their money back because A. It's obsolete and B. Broken ?

They're just protecting the customers from wasting money.
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 16:30
They did not approve my script, but since then have allowed someone else to list the same style of script.

Plus you could use the same idea for all scripts, what if they add RPG / Inventory elements later? then all the current scripts would be invalid.

Protect customers by adding in a notice when they buy, reviewing scripts ect but just to deny a script based on their argument of it might come later is silly, plus it is only " highly likely " they will add it, i had already written it and uploaded to store.... (before other scripts where on there for the same (ish) thing)

Just as programming person / dev, their reply to my script upload felt like a kick in the face.... not a helpful system / reply from them, while i accept many scripts are free and that is good, i was only planning to charge like $1 for my script, and that is just a small thank you if it help someone build their game.

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2015 00:34
too late fella i got moshrooms rpg system and very good too. but i think if you want to upload should do it, tgc usually let anything go up on the store to be honest i have seen some very poor models get the greenlight. and wonder how that will be helping quality. although i think it is up to the individual. but then good stuff can get lost amongst the not so good. a bit like good bands and music. you have to sift to find the golden egg.
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2015 07:19
I have seen the moshrooms rpg system, and they do look very good, it is the same direction i was moving to (GUI style), I also plan to move my quest system into a more suitable style / look / feel.

As i said, I had planned to put them all up but getting told that my scripts would become useless because they planned to add the features to the core left a rather bad taste with me, but its all good lol, i am working on a commercial game that I plan to get onto steam.

Much of what I want to code, requires waiting for more access to the core system, such as spawning of objects (like in minecraft) where you can rebuild a world as you want / move items around (can kinda already be done), dynamic landscaping, (so random world gen) ect (Should this still ever become open to the LUA scripting level.
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2016 08:47
Seems the people at GG are now accepting my scripts so I have uploaded two of them (Already on store) and waiting for my RPG script to go live.. the RPG script has been updated to support a mouse (Rather than old method with different keys to cycle around and assign points ect).

I plan to make the "leveling" system easier, right now it is a maths system that i accept is abit more complex than it should be.

Paul.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 16:52:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 16:52:23