Product Chat / Does GG produce memory fragmentation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 15:48
Since GameGuru is long-running and does a lot of allocation and freeing. It's when you have mixtures of short-lived and long-lived objects that you're most at risk.

GG has allocation failures or unexpectedly causes the system to run low on memory, and you've ruled out memory leaks, perhaps malloc returning null.

Anyway this's old issue, sometimes before I had experienced thaat memory isuue with GG when minimized, and I should add that I've that issue just from time to time, not often.

I wonder myselft if for any chance it has something to do with 7018 error, since is too hard to find data, when all the blocks (chunks) are badly allocate, and you`ve a lot of memory block unusables, specially with virtual memory.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
wermer
Years of Service
User Offline
If I let GG sit long enough it will crash with this error - even if I just start it fresh and let it sit. Pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL at any time will induce a 'memory fragmentation' crash. After the memory fragmentation crashes, GG usually 'recovers' to the same mostly water covered map every time, regardless of what map was being worked on previously. Other times after a 'recovery' the mouse cursor can click buttons and menus, but cant interact in the 3d part of the editor without some extra task-switching, or minimize/maximizing. I've noticed CPU utilization in the editor is much higher than in game. SAVE OFTEN!!!
Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz + Asetek 510LC / Intel DP67DE / Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD / 12GB Kingston KVR 1333 / XFX Radeon R9 285 / Corsair TX 650 / Antec 300
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:02:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:02:27