Product Chat / Different terrain for different areas of the map?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I wasn't able to find the answer by key wording on Google and I know this is an easy problem to solve, but I would like to know how to have different terrain for a different area of my game.

I set up my map so that the entire terrain is Wasteland, but I want to make a distant mountain flush with grass but when I selected the Add Grass icon and painted the mountain it turned the mountain into a Wasteland look.

How do I adjust the Add Grass icon and use it to add green grass within my Wasteland level?

Thanks!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 19:00
Right now you can only use one terrain type.

There are only 5 textures per terrain. In the future we have the use of 16 textures. This is on the voting features and will be started when the results push it to the top more.

You can make your own terrain sets and have the specific textures of what you want. then use that terrain.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 10:57
We have a feature on the voting board which will replace the 'fixed four' texture system with a near-infinite texture system for the terrain, but this will need to get to the number one spot before we implement. In the meantime, you can of course use the multi-level system to jump from one level with one type of terrain to another level with a different type of terrain. You can of course make your game non-linear so you can always jump back to a previous level by using the WinZone marker and entering the name of the level you want to jump to in the IFUSED field (omit the FPM extension when specifying the level file you want to jump to).
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:34:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:34:42