Scripts / Inventory System

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2015 18:56
Hi, can someone help me make an Inventory System for my survival game, I would but im not very good at scripting.
I had in mind something similar to DayZ & Dead Island type, If instrested in helping me please let me know & i can send you pics and info, Thanks!
Bryant (AKA-LoneWolf/SpinFire97)
PM
Yogendra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 13:49
Please check this Address
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207801
SpinFire97
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 15:33
Thanks I will
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i do not currently have an inventory script but i'll add something after the image commands get added, i'm sure moshroom will have 1 before me though, keep an eye on the store, his scripts are great
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
SpinFire97
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 22:14
Okay thanks and i seen them by moshroom but how would they work you think with modern day survival game and are the easy to customize
PM
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 17:02
Thank you for your kind words, smallg. I must say that your advices have been most helpful in my journey of learning Lua.

SpinFire97, I try to make my scripts (especially the ones published in the store) as easy to customize as possible. I use comments in the code to explain everything the script does and constants in the beginning of the script to make it easier for user to change all the numeric values without breaking the script. The default inventory items in my menu script can be converted from fantasy to modern by changing one line in the top (if there is a shop script in the map, this needs to be done in it too):

For example:

The equipment submenu currently has meaningful content only for the wizard character. In the 1st person mode, it just shows how many weapons player has collected (because the equipped weapon is changed with 0-9 buttons). The status screen shows stuff depending what other RPG scripts are used in the map. If the menu is the only script used, it shows hp, lives, state and number of collected weapons. It should be easy to add more content to it depending your game, but be careful to edit corret if-else statement in the script.

If the suggestions I sent to Lee two weeks ago are implemented in the next version of GameGuru, it'll become even easier to customize because more entity properties will be accessible through Lua. I'll make an update to the menu script when I see what Lua commands are available in the next version. I'm planning to add mouse support, more states, more items and possibility to override the default item list from a file. If you want to use my script and have some ideas what else it should do, I'm open for suggestions.
SpinFire97
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2015 12:19
moshroom basically just cant wait for mouse support and it to be easier to customize and more to it like, if wanted to add a skiils menu, crating, etc , Im currently working on a Low Poly, Indie Wilderness Survival game so im going that route if you know what i mean
PM
theyareseven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2016 08:03
I have a inventory script that I am uploading to store, but do have plans to expand it massively, including a hot bar.

But if you have any custom ideas ect you wanna have / see / use, please let me know, am happy to help.

Bonus now, I have written in mouse support to my scripts, and am going to work on Drag / Drop ect too
PHP / HTML / JS / Jquery Programmer, Datbase Wizard, Game Maker and LUA scripter
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 10:50:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 10:50:02