Product Chat / Precent panel but not font?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The size of a panel is precent to the screen but a center text do not fit with screen.
I want tools to make a game! Not for a clown concert.

What the devs are thinking?
"Yea you can make a panel."
"Yea you can make text."
"What you need text in panel?"
"No so that was not planned."

Or am I missing something and get upset for nothing?
PM
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2015 10:26
If I understood correctly what you meant, you are upset about the panel size being measured in percent of the screen, but text size being absolute? I've encountered the same problem. My solution is to always use text that fits my panels in 1024x768 resolution, but give user an option to change the text size to larger, if they are using higher resolution where the default text looks too small (size 1 = default, 3 = large).

I agree that it would be better that there were a dynamic font that changes size when player uses different resolution. Or that there was a way to read the resolution from LUA and make a script that changes the font size automaticly.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 15:03
Great point guys, I have added it to our internal feature list and providing the task is quite enough I can sort it out in the next few updates. I first need to do a quick test to make sure what the panels and text do as we change resolution and OS font sizes.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 15:32
Hi, Lee. I suggest that you'd add completely new text function, something like DynamicText(x,y,string) / DynamicPrompt(string) that changes size according to resolution, but let the "Text(x,y,size,string)" be as before, because there are already many scripts that use the existing function and might start behaving weird would the function be changed.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 11:17
Or perhaps Text but with an additional override parameter which will adjust the text size based on the scaling of the screen, i.e. Text(x,y,size,string,dynamic).
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 18:06:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 18:06:21