Product Chat / only 1 image at once???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can show in GameGuru only 1 image at once? Is this right?
Sorry but it sounds like a bad bad joke -.-

I have think as i can make a ui without pixel cords for the images, but with one image... i want to cry.

Gameguru ist the easy game maker... a little bit too easy!!!
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 11:58 Edited at: 12th Nov 2015 11:58
Yeah, I know it sucks big time and an oversight on TGC's part. It was complained about when it was first introduced. I mean apart from a big image for a full screen HUD or a single animated image it is fairly useless for anything really useful. It will be addressed at some point (hopefully soon).

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 12:52 Edited at: 12th Nov 2015 13:15
I noticed Lee the head developer himself trying to use more than one image in one of his Twitch videos, he seemed surprised he couldn't, and stated it was something he needed to fix. Since you are correct in saying it has been mentioned several times around these forums I do start to wonder if anyone is really paying any attention to posts and complaints made around here, I myself have noted and described several of my items in the store which are broken and still waiting for fixes which I don't expect to see with the next release, mods passing info on doesn't seem to work apparently. So I am getting a little jaded with the so called developer listens to the users spiel we have been fed for a long time when the only responses I see from the actual devs are limited to Steam reviews and not much else.

can't remember the last time I saw either Rick or Lee around here responding to posts when they were pretty much present in the past. Perhaps we don't count as much now as getting more users does..
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't want to mention that, lol. I was wondering how he was going to accomplish it at the time. Just wish I'd watched it live I thought it odd that he didn't know this as I'm pretty sure I mailed him on it as well as mention on the forums. He even said on the twitch it would be easy to add and couldn't understand why it wasn't already in. Still, he is busy and I can forgive the occasional lapse. I'm sure he remembers now

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Balls of Steel
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the answers.

Yesterday i had a little problem, i want to make a torch who is flicker. But i realize i cant command the light to change color or the intense.
I solve it. I write a script who change on-off the nearest 3 lights by a flame.

Next i need an ui, at the moment it looks like i need an complex 3d ui... i try gameguru because i think it is easy, but it lacks a lot of BASIC things im so frustrated.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 14:53
The reason for the communication blackout is that we chose to put a LOT of energy into a full engine rewrite and moving DBP to C++ was no small potato, but the good news is that the performance update has been released, and so have the team to wander more freely around the many places of GameGuru. Steam forums and reviews are relatively quiet so pretty easy to post the occasional reply, but you guys are the hard core kernel of GameGuru users, and our answers need to be a little more verbose around here

Rolfy, email me directly at lee@thegamecreators.com and I will get your store and asset issues fixed up in the next two interim updates. I have secured a LOT of time before I jump directly into the 'next big update work' (all the way to Christmas in fact) so I am here to remove those shoe pebbles that have been blighting your comfort over the last weeks/months/years/previous lives.

NOTE: I have added the 'multiple HUD images' to my urgent list as it was a little embarrassing doing a twitch broadcast about a broken feature With many HUD graphics, plus a few commands I will also add to allow mouse control with custom mouse pointer, you should be able to make your menu system without resorting to using 3D entities to assemble a makeshift real-world menu machine

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
this is great news, looking forward to it - especially mouse control
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:52:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:52:40