Free Models and Media / free scaffolding

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 17:20 Edited at: 12th Nov 2015 20:36
here is 2 parts of a scaffolding tower,

1.Bottom base
2.top/upper part

Edit Auto flatten is now of on upper part, so please download this updated version,

i have made it in two parts thus allowing separate builds
just to say it can be a little tricky stacking for the novice

all is textured in alluminium metal
Note i did search all over the net for scaffolding models and found none of such so thought to make for our community

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 19:11 Edited at: 11th Nov 2015 19:33
Nice one ! Thanks for sharing
P.S. use in to the .fpe file "autoflatten=0" to not up the terrain at your base of model.
Explanation of the "autoflatten" at https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/213020
Maybe I want to use your model at a second one building floor, as example...
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fps/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 22:13 Edited at: 12th Nov 2015 20:38
your welcome larry and your right larry i forgot to change the autoflatern foe the second level part,
i will make amends asap

and here is another type of scaffolding and a seperate deckboard so you can either use the board or not , This means it can also be used elsewhere.

i managed to get some workers to fix building on my new scaffolding, well they are sill alive lol. mind you they moan about short Tea breaks. look at them they look really happy LOL

so in the zip file here there is Three new improved models.
1. metal scaffolding bottom tower and Decking board
2. metal scaffolding top tower

Attachments

PM
Pink Panther
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you!
PM
bburgess
Years of Service
User Offline
Great stuff tx!!
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 00:46
Thanks man..

real great
Harry
PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 21:23
Thanks for sharing. Great stuff's
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fps/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all for nice feed back.
i was hoping to make a scaffolding kit. But i updated to NEW version of my software that i use called 3d crafter pro and it wiped out all my contents that i had in my library, so even Eye/ me have downloaded from here to add back into my assets library of the software to carry on with this kit, but having scaling issues.
so hind sight for me is, and that is to make a backup of model creations and not just exporting models before updating the software i use,
anyways i shall be making a kit so one can put together scaffolding in all of mannor
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 10:04
thank you spudnick. great stuff.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 23rd Dec 2015 05:09
Thanks a lot! These go great with the Guru included building elements. Have you tried creating multiple variations? Perhaps some that have been broken or damaged. Keep up the good work.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "At Teamhalo: Have you tried creating multiple variations? Perhaps some that have been broken or damaged."

i try to make new and good models not broken ones lol only joking

i have bought 3d coat and now learning to use it so as to your idea i also think it would be good to make more variations ,
and thus hope i can make the texturing better and finish texturing quicker
well all i can say is keep an eye on this post and see my new contents.

PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2016 06:03
Nice work. How easy is 3DCoat to work with and learn?
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2016 00:59
hey spudnick, great models there, just getting back into guru and was thinking of making some scaffolding but no need to now , hopefully you didnt lose too much work that cant be recovered
PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2016 23:35 Edited at: 21st Jan 2016 22:12
hi Aushadow.
same here as had a few months break from the game guru to play BF4 and the new starwars games as when playing them i get ideas of what i would like to make.

i only lost my preset models that was in the library of my software, so just imported models and un-grouped them and just added the parts back into the library bit by bit, slow going tho lol.

well here is another version of a bottom part with a ladder and all in brushed metal effect, there is a little bit of stretching on the texture as just used my fill tool with just a cylinder wrap for quickness.

Attachments

PM
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 13:51 Edited at: 21st Feb 2016 17:12
@VX doggy.
as for 3d coat , Well all I can say it is an amazing bit of software, as you van UV texture live.

Also it is very easy to learn,
The only issue I have is that when I import my models into GG that I have created very nice textures is that they look poor quality,

Time to figure that part out now.

OH I did buy Ultimate unwrap, but I'm not going to use that software as wish I saved the money and used it towards 3D coat
Cus like other UV software you have to UV your model then export the UV map into a paint program then import back in and if not right/ok then one would have to do all again. so slow.

So in 3d coat you do the hole lot in one program saving hours of texturing time, anyway YouTube 3d Coat and have a look,

you will, be amazed.
Here is 3 images. to show,
1 . my first texture without 3d coat that took a few hours
2. Clean model no paint before I started texturing
3. with 3d coat at that took 10 mins using Smart Materials.

oh deer I just noticed images are in wrong order of my text but you can see what I mean lol

Attachments

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 19:15:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 19:15:45