Product Chat / External modding with other engines?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 21:50 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 21:58
How is game modding made? For example people take Skyrim and make it look awesome as [MOD EDIT, Please do not swear in any form].
Is it possible to do the same with a finished GameGuru-Game?

Can i put a GameGuru-Game into for example unreal engine to put better graphics in it?

I want to make a nice looking game as easy as it is in GG but not with those [MOD EDIT, Please do not swear in any form] graphics.
I want at least a graphic quality like in Battlefield 3 or so.

Or is there any really high quality and high resolution texture packs and models for GG?
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 22:01 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 22:02
Hello Welcome to the forums.

You can make your own assets for gameguru, not quite like Skyrim, but is very possible and done all the time. Take a look at the free media threads and models and media thread.

Try going into the metrics mode while in test game and setting the Terrain, entity and grass shader to the highest setting for better graphics.

We are in the performance enhancement phase of Game Guru and the whole engine has been re written in C++, making it a lot faster. after Christmas we will be introducing DX11 Graphics and that will improve the quality greatly also.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
DX11 after Xmas? We have 2015 and this Engine doesnt even have DX11? Lol... I dont want to flame or rage pls dont missunderstand. But i thought GameGuru had somehow "modern" tech

Okay so after Xmas when DX11 comes, what does that mean to the graphic quality? Is there even a way in the future to get a graphic quality like BF3 or Crysis 1 with the (hopefully improoved) standard textures that come with the engine?

Thanks for the support so far
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 22:24
Its all about shaders and the textures that go into it. The graphics will be much better.

The DX11 system is being coded now and you can see some of the result by checking out the Blog from the lead developer, Lee.

https://www.game-guru.com/devblog/
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
ah okay thank you very much

you know i am thinking about purchasing the GG engine to make a game
i saw it on youtube and the functionality and easyness is just awesome and i think it is worth the money too, but ill rather wait until the update and then see if i buy it
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 22:32
Yes, thank you for checking us out, and do come back and see what is going on after Christmas.
Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Nov 2015 19:38 Edited at: 27th Jul 2019 14:43
If you want Battlefield 3 quality graphics then I'm certain GameGuru could be capable of pulling it off... somewhat. BUT you need to keep in mind that BF3 has extremely high quality 3d assets. If you want that kind of quality then it'll probably cost you an extra buck to get that quality of artwork created.
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
you mean the models and so on? That i have to pay a good man to make those things in HQ for me? ^^
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2015 03:28
Quote: "you mean the models and so on? That i have to pay a good man to make those things in HQ for me? ^^"

That's a great way to do it. Does that come as a surprise? Are you employed? If so, do you work for free? You could make them yourself, of course, or find them on other websites. I can guarantee that other websites can have very high quality assets (check out Unreal or Unity, 3dmodels-textures, or Arteria for a start; there are tons of others), but they can cost some serious money. Of course some will be free, but I can also guarantee that you will never find exactly the assets you want or need. At least not enough to make a complete game, unless you are creative enough to work with only what's available. At this point, I can safely assume you have no knowledge in this area. It's time to learn, Grasshopper!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want to make you own high quality assets I suggest you start using "blender" a free modelling and design package. If you invest your time learning that then you should be able to make some decent 3D graphics which you can import into GG.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2015 12:32
Games With This level of AAA are pretty awesome.
but we must bear in mind one thing, this type of game does not make one person, here involves a great team with all the necessary resources, and using a long period of time.

Then there is one that as many of us try to make a game by itself, with no other help than that of this great community, which is no small thing; but obviously are as scarce resources, time spent, almost always you gets stealing time from sleep, and so on.

The question is to decide which side you belong, when you have this clear, act accordingly.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2015 16:01 Edited at: 5th Nov 2015 16:03
Lets look at it this way .....

Battlefield 3 about 2.3 million to develop ... ( and I bet it was more )
GameGuru ... £6.19 at the moment as the basic engine to create your own ...
I think there is room there to hire modellers , scripters etc
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
but if it is that expensive and that much work, how do Unreal 4 users get their games done? I see plenty of young men on youtube making at least very nice maps and prototypes of games on their very own, without other helpers
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 13:31 Edited at: 6th Nov 2015 14:03
You would have to ask them where they get their models. They either make them, buy them, or get them for free from somewhere. The rest is learning and applying that knowledge through a lot of work (Blueprint, C++). Those guys that make those sweet looking levels don't just sit down on a Saturday afternoon and whip out a beautiful, fully functional level by dinner (okay there's that ONE guy). It is true that Unity and Unreal are capable of better looking graphics right out of the box, but those engines themselves took years and many millions just to develop the engines. GG is still under development, and hopefully in the near future will be able to take advantage of the newer graphics technologies. However, sweet graphics ARE currently possible, it's just up to the individual artist to pull them off. That artist is certainly not me, LOL. That takes both knowledge AND talent. I lack the latter.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 13:41 Edited at: 6th Nov 2015 16:58
Quote: "but if it is that expensive and that much work, how do Unreal 4 users get their games done? I see plenty of young men on youtube making at least very nice maps and prototypes of games on their very own, without other helpers"

Like many users here they have the ability to model, script and do all the work themselves or they may learn.
Some may do it using a team ...It all depends on how much you can do yourself ...

Take this game for instance done by JForthDesigns called "Steve" Very unique ... very playable and actually a sellable product in my eyes but you can try it for free. All the work is his own Using GameGuru and Creating his own Terrains, Skies, Models and scripts etc..
Not exactly a BF3 style game but really shows what GG can do if the user puts his own imagination and effort into a custom game ..

Believe it or not he did this from scratch in GameGuru in just 2 weeks .. All his Models created in "Blender" which is free.
GameGuru is only getting better now with some great features on the way very soon ....
No engine has a " Make BF3 " Button...a lot of work goes into any demos you may have seen especially UDK which has quite a steep learning curve compared to GG

Developer

JForthDesigns

Story

Steve is a wizards apprentice and has spent many years, cleaning up after Marlin. Marlin has been working on a spell that could change the very world we live in! However, it all goes horribly wrong and it's up to his trusted friend to pick up the peices.

Are you hero enough to save the world?

Screenshots

Credits

I obviously did most of the design, development, video editing and audio mastering; however, a good friend of mine was kind enough to help me with the story. He also played as the voice of Marlin. My beautiful wife kept me inspired and put up with my anti-socialness, during the two weeks I spent making this; and she very kindly voiced the narration for the whole game.

I would also like to thank the other moderators of the forums. Without them, this game wouldn't have been possible! They have been there for me throughout this whole process.

A few last mentions would be SisterMatic (!Nullptr), SmallG and Corno1 for all their scripting assistance, before and after the making of this game. The forums are blessed to have your friendliness and helpfulness!

Download

DOWNLOAD LINK

Cheers

Jay.
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
hm ok i believe in the potencial of GG and hope that itll compete with the others in the future
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 02:02 Edited at: 7th Nov 2015 02:51
Quote: "but if it is that expensive and that much work, how do Unreal 4 users get their games done?"

I don't really know which mods are referred to here but Epic regularly release content from internal developments to users, these assets cannot be used commercially and are licensed for use in Unreal engine only. Hence the superb looking mods you see being created. When you have ready game assets with all the textures,materials and shader settings already provided you wont go far wrong and if your capable you can tweak it all and add to it to make it your own style.
They recently released these awesome assets to users so you see where I am coming from. But it is a myth that modders do all the work themselves or create and model assets. Not trying to put down, some are exceptional, some do model etc but most don't.
If you put all the work/cash into modeling or buying your own assets and create your own scripts you have made your own game and not a mod, which you can sell/ditribute and not just show off a video on youtube

Infinity blade
https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/free-infinity-blade-collection-marketplace-release?utm_source=newsletter_oct2015&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=102015_lapse
Infiltrator
https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/infiltrator-released-for-free?utm_source=newsletter_oct2015&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=102015_lapse
Showdown
https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/showdown-cinematic-vr-experience-released-for-free?utm_source=newsletter_oct2015&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=102015_lapse

This is just the more recent stuff, all the same since it is licensed for use only in Unreal and non commercial there isn't much you can do with it other than create mods. But just to straighten the myth that modders are creating or buying the media for these. Put simply they are provided with content by Epic and some AAA games themselves are moddable by users and encouraged to expand the lifetime and use of their games

I will also mention here that when dx11 is introduced to the GameGuru engine you will start to see more up to date graphics and media also, we just have to wait patiently and hope that Artists around here get a handle on the requirements to get the best out of it.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Nicely explained Rolfy ..

@noknowledge

Rolfy is also one of the users I refer to who has the capabilities to create a whole unique game from start to finish ..
In fact many of the of the things Rolfy manages to achieve with GameGuru has the Devs scratching their heads
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Game Guru is not really in the AAA league yet or probably ever will be. As said above graphics quality makes a huge difference and one person, just hasn't the time or even all the skills needed to make everything needed. If you dream of making a game like Battlefront then, really you need a bigger engine, and more people. With Unreal for instance you certainly have the speed you need, but there will be other issues that will hinder you. You will have to do a lot more coding. You still need STILL those great looking graphics as well. You need good sound and music to accompany them. Your username and comments so far suggest you are new to this, be aware that one of the biggest things newbies ask about is how to make the latest and greatest game out there. Learn to walk before you try take on the Krypton Factor Just take a look at how much happens in say the first 5 minutes of Battlefront. Imagine how long it would take you to make all the assets, sound effects and code to achieve just those 5 minutes.

For me GG is more a tool to make a good indie game. Not compete with AAA products that have the equivalent of a movie crew working on them. Of course if enough GG users got together and made a game it could well start to look pretty impressive. No Battlefield 3 though, just not a chance.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 21:38 Edited at: 10th Nov 2015 22:35
Okay i think i started this conversation wrong ^^

I didnt mean to be able to make the next Battlefront or whatever. With better and good looking graphics i didnt especially mean next gen graphics.

Do you know Stranded Deep? The graphics of this game arent THAT good, techniclly. It came out in 2014 and to be honest, the kind of graphic looks quite old like from 2007 or so. But it looks VERY awesome though.

You know, the difference between real games on the current market and the GG-Games is that GG-Games look like the first real 3D Shooters that came out in the early 2000's while current games are nice looking, although their graphics also arent that good.

Again, i dont have to make a graphical masterpiece. But i want to make a game with graphics that are acceptable and nice looking. Without that retro style.

I think, at least Antialising could bring much better results. This, mixed with some HD textures could be a nice looking game.

TO GIVE YOU A QUITE GOOD EXAMPLE I WANNA SHOW YOU THIS VIDEO:

This is a GG scene. The game looks way better than the games posted in this forum. The edges are smooth, the whole kind of graphic looks more modern and not like this CS 1.6 type of [MOD EDIT, Please do not swear in any form].

This is the type of graphics i wanna reach at least. And by this video you can see that its definitely possible with GG.

And by the way the music thing is not a problem i'm a hobby music producer ^^

oh and sorry for my bad english ^^
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 22:07 Edited at: 10th Nov 2015 22:10
That effect is achieved by using the post effects in GameGuru ( Tab Tab ) in test game and is actually very easy to do using the Vignette. motion blur, bloom and Depth of field ... Its just getting the ingredients right ..

I agree with you that GFX are not everything ... Playability is obviously the addictive ingredient but I really think once all the features start rolling in GG will be throwing out some cool games with the talent we have in this community
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
okay the blurr in the video is not good i dont like it. But i thought it is just the video and not the game itself.
But i mean the graphics itself, in this video the graphics look a bit "modern". I dont really know how to explain this.
You know CS:GO? The game looks nice and modern, although the graphic quality is not new and good.

like i said, the main problem i see in GG is that the graphics look like a game from 2002. With all those visible pixels and edges.

oh man i dont know how to explain what im talking about xD
i hope you understand it at least a little bit xD
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you mean the softer look ...like this ..... also using the post effects and light rays ?

PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, kind of. But without the blurr.
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 05:38
@noknowledge - I definitely think that anti-aliasing will help, but a major graphical update is on the cards, so just be patient.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 08:53 Edited at: 11th Nov 2015 09:05
I'm pretty sure I know the issue you mean. Edges tend to glint and flicker, some textures flicker badly from a distance etc. Pretty sure you can force your video drivers to use antialiasing, even though GG does not support it directly. Although I have mine set to 4x antialiasing and still see those annoying flickery objects, so can't say if it works particularly or not.

Back in the days you mention GG reminds you of, mipmapping used to solve most flickering issues in this vein. Dtex (I think, been awhile) used to allow you to pack your dds textures with several mipmap images to avoid flickering and such at distance. I used it a lot with DB Pro, it made a significant improvement. I have no idea if this is still the case these days or if it is now just not done. Things change often in this industry

Those vids look okay as you say, but the fact the first one was on a 970GTX and still was jerking is an indication GG can't really cope well with all those post effects running on high. My 660 would not get close. Probably the reason most games you see look less fancy

As Gtox says there is an update due very soon, so you should see an improvement in speed. Also, next year the DX11 version should get released so we may see quite a bit of fidelity improvements in GG. I'll add there is quite some variation in quality of objects available, even in TGC's own packs. Some buildings look very clear and sharp, while others really don't and others flicker like mad at certain distances. So, some of it is certainly down to the media also. Pretty certain if you had some AAA media to play with GG would look a lot better. For instance the flickering buildings, I can guarantee have plains added to them for the details, so, when you go to far away the engine is unsure which to render first, the building itself or the plane with the detail. If it had been modelled with one single texture (and more importantly, no plane for the details) it would not exhibit these issues as there would be no competing polys fighting for attention. At least that is my guess, down to past experience.

noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
why not DX12?
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 21:03
I have the feeling that you are coming more from a gamers perspective rather than developers simply because its hard to give accurate answers to questions regarding "the graphics". This is because graphics are composed of many different aspects. Silent Hill 2 is from 1999 but it still holds up visually even though its extremely outdated from a technical perspective. However, the artwork looks good. Scorpion Disfigured on the other hand is from 2009 and looks less appealing, however, is technologically (resolution, shaders, postprocessing etc.) way more advanced.

This is the same with game guru. If you really want good looking graphics you will need the required artwork. Most of us work with models from many different artists which is what gives some game-guru games this slightly disjointed look.

Quote: "like the first real 3D Shooters that came out in the early 2000's "
I know what you mean. I believe some texture filtering, anti aliasing and good postprocessing will solve this though. However, google some screenshots from those old shooters....you might find that they look way worse than you remember them

Quote: "^^"

Hey! Are you german? German people have a tendency to use that smilie a lot

Quote: "I see plenty of young men on youtube making at least very nice maps and prototypes of games on their very own, without other helpers"

Mostly sample assets from EPIC games or artists that promote their work to studios and release occasional freebies. If you do however find someone who really does make enough assets to support an entire game please let me know....I want to capture him and clone him in my basement.

The truth is, if you really want to do anything even resembling BF3 you will have to shell out quite a few thousand euros. It has been mentioned before and I cannot stress enough that A) the games you get to buy, even the cheap bargain-bin ones are 99% of the time designed by big professional studios on a large budget and that B ) all mods of these games get great results because they build upon the already existing yet again very expensive technology.

Very Important: What makes modern games look this good is the lighting and the shader interaction with light....yet nobody has mentioned gamegurus current lack of good lightmapping which makes its games look so flat and boring as of now. Light and shadow are 70% of the visual appeal. You can try any premade scene in the unreal engine and deactivate all the lights and clear the lightmapping to see what I mean

Quote: "
This is the type of graphics i wanna reach at least. And by this video you can see that its definitely possible with GG."

If I had seen this earlier I could have saved myself the effort to write all that out...but hey! I don't really see the appeal of that video....seems grey and scantily designed. An update with anti aliasing and more goodies is on its way.

Quote: "why not DX12?"

Everything on the Xbox 360 runs with an enhanced version of DX9. DX11 is very powerful and widely supported where as DX 12 is rather new and, don't quote me on that, but I have been reading an article stating that many cards don't fully support it yet. Here goes. Just craming it in because its new seems like a misstep to me. DX11 is beyond anything anyone of us can fully use anyway . That is my opinion, you'd have to ask a dev if you want to know why exactly.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 22:03 Edited at: 11th Nov 2015 22:04
wow thx for this detailed answer and yes i'm german

uhm, is there also an update around x-max for the light mapping you talked about? So the goal i set could be reachable? ^^
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with Wolf here, lighting is a big issue and I should have mentioned in my last post you can bake shadows and such into scenes which do improve it's look somewhat. Old tech yes, but certainly can look a whole lot better than realtime (dependant on the scene). F1 to F4 to bake in game, F1 is a fast preview and F4 is the full works and will take some time.

The DX11 update is planned for next year sometime in Jan/Feb, but obviously that is only a guesstimate at the moment. Hopefully that will help with lighting considerably.

I'll also add that the community here is one of the best I have encountered and compared to other programming forums I have frequented way more friendly in general.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 04:47
Quote: "I'll also add that the community here is one of the best I have encountered and compared to other programming forums I have frequented way more friendly in general."

I agree wholeheartedly! This is a great place to learn, and for the most part, nobody has a chip on their shoulder. Ask a question, and I'm sure you'll get an answer. It may not be immediate, but I'm sure a reply will be there. Like DVader, I have been in many other forums and they can be brutal to new people. I think most people here realize that at one time they were new to all of this. Of course, beyond giving really good advice, the moderators help a lot in keeping riff-raff out and keeping the place friendly, so they deserve a lot of credit! (LOL, you shouldn't swear so much, apparently)
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 05:20
lol.

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2015 12:08
Ahh... Yes, my old videos.
They are both old... Version 21
The zombie warehouse was done in less than 2 hours, I was just playing around with the assets.
Nearly all models are GG models.

The 2nd video was just a GG stress test, to see where is the limit from GG and a gtx970.
Done in less than 45 mins.
Those are just old test maps, if you take your time, than you can create already good looking levels with GG. I guess with the next update, performance will be no more problem.

Antialiasing and some nice shader effects (metal reflections) would push GG to the next level... Or global illumination

GG costs around 10 euro, cheaper than two packs of cigarettes or cheaper than a diner with your wife

Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
It costs 20€ ;D

why is the performance so low? I mean, you played with GTX970, a quite strong card, but it looks like you'd have only about 20 Fps.
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2015 14:58
The actual version of GG is using only 1 CPU core and the most of the work is done by the CPU at the moment, not by the gfx card. The actual version is based on dark basic pro. (Right ?)

A basic interpreter is always slower than a compiled c code.

It's amazing how much they're squeezing out of a basic interpreter. But you also see here where are the limits of basic compared to C++ (speed) . That's why they are working right now on the performance update (written in C++).

I guess we will have less speed problems soon.
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you think 60 Fps and above would be possible? ^^

and another question: i saw that every game here has the same looking components when it comes to displaying the HP and the ammo and such.
also most of the menues are the same. Is there no way to change this? And would it be possible to make a graphics setting function like in real games so that you can lower the settings of the game to play it with weak hardware?
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2015 18:26
60fps and more, depends on the computer.
yes, you can change the background art of the menu + the menu font.
should be also possible to change the HUD display (ammo, health bar ...)
in the final game, the player has the option to select between low, med, high graphics.
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
i know that it depends on the hardware but i saw from the video that even a 970 cant put 60 fps.
i just wanted 2 ask that in general it would be possible to talk 2 more cores and get more fps

so that it would be possible to get more fps even with weak hardware like an old intel quadcore with a lowend gfx card ^^

you know, when you sell a game, you want your buyers to be able to run the game smoothly. And not every buyer has good hardware ^^
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2015 07:49
old intel quadcore, you are talking about an i5 ?
well, yes I can design games were I can easily reach 100fps and also games which hardly reach 20fps.
depends how good your levels are designed.
but I think with the next update, speed will not be such a big issue anymore.
you should wait until the next update is released and then read the comments from people again.
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
no i mean old hardware like q6000
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a Q6600 and it copes fairly well, although I really would like a new I7 in honesty Then again don't we all? For me to keep up a good framerate though, sacrifices have to be made somewhere. I normally use the high terrain setting rather than highest, as it looks pretty much the same and has good shadows but does give you a smoother experience. There's all sorts of tweaks to squeeze out fps if you wish. A flat terrain (changed in the ini file) will replace the normal terrain with a low poly version, which is good if you mean to have a flat level and no hills. You can also turn off the terrain and use objects for the floor instead which again will give a good boost.

The new update should help with this somewhat. We don't have long till it's release now!

noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
and how much fps do you have? on every youtube GG-video it seems that the game runs extremely slow like 20 fps and lower.
is there anyone with 60 Fps or more? and can he show it in a video pls
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2015 14:09
Some of my newer levels have 70+ frames per sec.
With tress and a lot of AI enemies.
PM
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
can you make a video? ^^
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I generally aim for at least 30 fps myself, as 60 can be a tough one to crack with my system, unless the map is very, empty. I'm sure though, with custom media designed to make use of the same textures wherever possible, you would get a decent speed, even now, before the update. As mentioned, once the performance update is released, we can expect a bit more from old systems running GG. On a well designed game, I think 60 FPS will be possible even on an old Q6600.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2015 16:10
I have that processor and maxed out the machine with 8gb Ram and put a Nvidia gtx660 signature 2 2gb card in it. It runs decent between 35 and 60 fps for levels containing 2 million polygons and proper thought on making the level. Smaller levels are running close to 90
See my sig.

There are even more things being added to increase performance. This size machine runs fine for most things, as I do all my modelling and video editing in it also.

noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
okay nice i have the haswell pentium anniversary edition ^^ and a gtx 650 ti
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2015 16:37
Quote: "you know, when you sell a game, you want your buyers to be able to run the game smoothly. And not every buyer has good hardware ^^"

Its too early into development to say what how a finished, sellable game would perform. You'd need to put at least half a year of work into it and we can not predict in what stage guru will be at that time.

-Wolf
noknowledge
Years of Service
User Offline
is GG made by a single man (Lee)?
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2015 17:14
Game guru is being developed by a team of 2 full time coders, 2 administrators, a number of artists and 7 support members.

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 21:28:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 21:28:57