Product Chat / Do you plan to add cartoon characters to character creator?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you plan to add cartoon characters to character creator?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2015 02:16 Edited at: 29th Oct 2015 02:16
I don't see why not .... Plans for the character creator are for far more customisation and interaction for the user ..
More body parts, heads will also make an appearance ... To be honest right now the CC is just the first release / groundwork to build on and If it develops into something like fuse it would be brilliant ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2015 03:42
Will the CC be opened up for those talented enough to contribute to the body parts? I managed to put in a custom piece of hair successfully when it first came out (not too difficult), but never tried anything beyond that. I was curious how the whole clothing thing worked (changing colors of the texture, is that hard coded, if not, how? I've seen this ability in many games) Also, is the body/head connection a fixed size or how does the creator/engine recognize the bone-vertex assignment for things above the shoulders? For the record, I am not talented enough artistically to do so, but I know many around these parts are, I just enjoy understanding the mechanics of it all, and am looking forward to purchasing the right to use those that may be dreamed up.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Dany
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that's really smart if it would be possible to upload parts of the body to the GG store to build character. Everybody wins and contribute to the advancement of GG.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 13:05
We're currently adding some more medieval character (parts) the Fantasy DLC as a way to experiment with adding more content to the character creator module, and have a few ideas for some space characters (for the SCIFI DLC) but would certainly like to hear ideas on what else we can add to the core GameGuru product as character creator parts. Creating character parts is quite expensive so we'll have to choose wisely. Does everyone agree Cartoon Body Parts should be the next task for our artist?
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 13:24
What is needed is the Biped for the body, the rest can be added to now with out the rig to get them to animate proper when used.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 11:03
Yes creating character models is probably the trickiest part of asset creation, and I revere those who have mastered the art!
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 15:27
The character creator as an opening act is a pretty interesting piece.

Some simple-ish things that could be done to improve it:
1) More hair. The current hair is wayyyyyy too limited.
2) Mappable chest decal (an overlay graphic). Example: A blank t-shirt only do it like you do the face mapping.
3) 3rd party weapons or full access to all weapons
4) A new 'back attachment' category. Backpacks, energy cells, flags, capes, etc

Though that said if you're going to be expanding this I can't wait to see what comes of it. You've all done so great with GG/FPSCR as is.
Recently updated my review blog.

http://gamegurureport.blogspot.com
N1warhead
Years of Service
User Offline
This may sound stupid (as I haven't really used GG) that much yet as I'm still working on a product in Unity.
But, can I import a custom made character (rigged and animations) or am I required to use the CC?
8 Core AMD 5.0Ghz
8 Gigs Ram
Gfx Card - Radeon R9 290 4 Gigs.
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 16:02
You can import - go check out youtube there's vids there of how people have done it.

N1warhead
Years of Service
User Offline
10-4 thanks man.
I will when I get the chance.

I just haven't really used GG much other than testing a few demos out so far.
So I don't really know what I'm limited to.

Like once I start to learn lua, etc. I want to build a new networking system, E.G> - Sockets (if lua can connect to it at least). And make it where people can host their own servers with as many people as their server can handle and so on.

So I'm just trying to figure out what my limits are before jumping into something I hope is possible.
So I'm glad to know Character Importing is possible.
8 Core AMD 5.0Ghz
8 Gigs Ram
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 16:14
Np - Game Guru (formerly FPS Creator Reloaded) has been in development for a while and while on a comparative level it's weaker, it has a few massive advantages (IMO)

- The community and devs are really really good. And I say that coming from the AckNex/LiteC community. These guys are awesome.
- The devs are constantly updating/improving things. I never realized "free lifetime updates" meant more than simple point releases. I've gotten
well past what I paid for, I think.
- The assets are simply the most affordable around. I say that comfortably because having priced unity/AckNex/etc assets it's astonishing what a simple
fifty bucks will do for you on the asset store. Example, just check out oldpman's 'all artist items' pack. It's like 672 items or some nonsense for 25 dollars.
That doesn't even count the massive amount of free content out there on the store and on places like gamegurufiles.
- LUA is a breeze; this is important because not all scripting languages were created equal. The fact I could write something like a base NPC code in what
amounted to a short afternoon is pretty decent.
- Shader support is basically included. I know the A8 engine was charging like 800 dollars for decent shader support.

Anyways, welcome to the tribe - hope you find a decent place to setup camp.

N1warhead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 16:27 Edited at: 20th Nov 2015 16:27
Yeah I never used Reloaded, but FPSC Classic I bought in like V 1.002 or whatever it was lol. (When the WW2 Asset first came out) is when I had FPSC Classic.

Yeah I remember how FPSC was and this reminds me a lot of it.
I notice the scripting is different than FPSC now (I guess language is different). wasn't FPSC had its own little scripting code?

I find C# seems easier than lua from glancing, but I haven't really given it a chance yet - I'm sure I'll like it once I learn it.
Yeah the Asset Store for Unity can be pricey - but people have to put food on the table as well lol. Like if I made a networking package (master server) I'd charge maybe 20 bucks. But some people charging over 100 on Unity Asset Store. Which yeah it may be worth it, but not everyone can afford 100 either.
Then you have monthly fees, etc. Forget all that. 20 bucks for a fully paid for server = worth it. (20 is just example price).

But anyways, I don't want to jump off topic too much haha.

And thanks man! I will be posting things here soon with my own stuff (Games, Assets, etc).
8 Core AMD 5.0Ghz
8 Gigs Ram
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:51:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:51:42