Product Chat / Which are the minimum specificiations in order to play for the game build?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Oct 2015 20:22 Edited at: 21st Oct 2015 21:35
So... that

I think it has any sense since is in developement... sorry
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212251
after the next update or 2 you should see increased performance so technically those (mostly cpu) requirements should go down however there will also be a dx11 update so graphics card wise it will go up.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't see them lowering the specs at all to be honest, I certainly wouldn't recommend it. I mean the performance update is to get GG up to speed, not make it run on even lower systems. Personally, having a low CPU myself by today's standards, I wouldn't like to use anything slower myself.

If you have specs similar to mine below, then you can run GG well enough to capture videos and such with no real speed loss. You will start to struggle with large scenes or with lot's of AI in a level though. Ideally, you would want an I5 or better and any video card of similar or better power to my Nvidia 660. A decent video card is the main thing, but the CPU will slow you and cause bottlenecks when playing GG games generally if it is too slow. In honesty, you can probably get away with an I3, but they are only dual core cpu's so I would not recommend on myself.

In one way having an older spec machine is a good thing. It means people who play your game should be able to run it (make sure it runs well on your own system and you know most gamers will have no issues at all). However it can be a bind as the slower your system the slower it loads up and runs. That can be a big thing when testing, as you will sit for much time watching the load sequence.

Of course it also depends on why you are asking, If you are getting a new PC, take heed, get a fast one. No on-board video nonsense and a decent I5 or possibly AMD CPU (although remember they are never as fast as the Intel equivalents, no matter how good they sound on paper). If you have a PC and are thinking of buying GG for it then check the link smallg listed and compare what you have to the list provided. It should give you an idea of the sort of equipment you should be looking for.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Brny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 20:10 Edited at: 27th Oct 2015 04:42
Thanks for the answers, you know, i actually have also a normal (i'm poor) little bit outdated computer:

(Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.5GHz 2,5GHz 4GB DDR2 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti) (32 bits)

With that i can run all the games for 32bit in ultra and it runs good.

And when i enter on GG test mode it runs on 5/6 FPS, i dont remember how much run the standalone build but is a little difficult to run it on full specs, and by now it has not the rendering and the physics of Battlefield4, and it runs at the same speed on my computer.... i am a little afraid of what will happen when the most heavy features are added to GG....

With that i mean... maybe are we all wanting only new features and it needs a little bit of engine optimization to contiue being profitable...?

I dont know but if the people needs a gaming computer to play those games, they will go directly to play BF4, and the games they are supposed to play. Not so much people is going to use a gaming PC to play a game without cutting-edge graphics...

And not all the people that have a PC have a cutting-edge gaming PC...

Isee GG more for games that dont rely on cutting-edge graphics but in creativity and playability so i think is a good idea to leave an open window for not-cutting-edge computers....
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 22:04 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 22:04
Quote: "Isee GG more for games that dont rely on cutting-edge graphics but in creativity and playability so i think is a good idea to leave an open window for not-cutting-edge computers.... "

As far as I'm aware there will be a final C++ optimised DX9 GameGuru for low end users before we add the DX11 hence why its being done in 2 releases ..
Then when the day comes you upgrade you can jump right on the DX11 version ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 14:20:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 14:20:33