Scripts / How to make zombies see further and make more damage?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Oct 2015 18:48 Edited at: 20th Oct 2015 19:39
Hi, i want to modify that, because you need to stay really really close to them to detect you, and i should saturate the map with zombies to make it a bit challenging... i readed the other post where Myke says to change the first 1000 for 6000 in the script and then he tries and it doesent works...

Also i want that if a zombie hits you, you die. Or at least more than the 50% of health is removed. ¿how can i do that the more easy way? because for weapons you can choose the damage but not for zombies...
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
for damage there's a math.random() call that sets the damage (i believe there's actually 2), you'll need to increase the numbers there
i can't see the script here so i cant be more specific but look for
PlayerDist <
and make the value larger (note if it requires the player to be visible then that's hard coded to a maximum distance as well - i believe it was 1500 - so you will need to remove that too if it's there and you want even longer range.
i seem to remember a bit of code saying
if PlayerDist < AIEntityViewRange(e) / 3
or something similar, this is the main line that makes them kinda short sighted.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Brny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 04:39 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2015 04:45
HI, i found one like what you say where says 1,2 but i thinkits only to make the attacks "aleatory"

ai_soldier_state[e] = "attack"
CharacterControlLimbo(e)
randomattack=math.random(1,3)
if randomattack==1 then
attackstart[e]=2561

An these, that i think it is, is on 3,7 and if i change that number for one like 5, or i change the filename (changing obviously main and init, and the end), then the zombie simply freezes itself and just turns to the player...

end
randomdamage=math.random(3,7)
HurtPlayer(e,randomdamage)
end

ANYWAYS, now they kill me instantly, which is what i was looking for, i dont know how has it changed... but by now it is solved...
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:13:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:13:13