Feature Creep / Better documentation/support for scripting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 16:20
Maybe more support for those that script gameguru events. Like, complete documentation in one place of gameguru's current and previous still working helper function calls that aren't spread all over the internet, this forum or hiding in various files? Maybe even with an example of useage so we don't have to test everything to see how or if it works and what else it needs to function correctly? This would create more time for game creation and less hunting down function calls, their usage, and which other function calls are required to use them. Perhaps like how the lua documentation site is setup, or even just a DOC or PDF file with the info in one place would work too.

Thanks!
Windows 10 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 gig GDDR5, 16 gigs ram
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a nice little site to get you more in depth tuition ..

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/lua/index.htm

Hope it helps
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 23:21
Very nicely done site. Thank you and I'm sure it will help with any lua questions, and a perfect example of how the gameguru specific function calls should be documented ... all in one place and complete. For example, AIEntityGoToPosition is not listed in either of the two lists of gameguru function calls I've seen nor in global.lua, and searching for it on this forum returns no results. Then, after google finding a mention of that function call for gameguru specifically, I had to do more searches in different spots after finding it to find other required gameguru specific function calls in order to use AIEntityGoToPosition, and a manual edit of a file. Years ago, when I was first learning PHP & Mysql, it was great cause everything was so well documented and accessible ( and still is). Gameguru specific scripting seems to be scattered to the wind though.

Let's just say google has been very busy lately with gameguru in the search.. Lua questions, not as much

Thanks again,

Jan
Windows 10 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 gig GDDR5, 16 gigs ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 09:08:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 09:08:03