Free Models and Media / Looking for human models that work in gameguru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2015 23:24
Looking for human models that that are already known to actually work in gameguru.. like civilians and non-military types free or otherwise. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan
Windows 10 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 gig GDDR5, 16 gigs ram
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 05:11
You can use Mixamo fuse to create models (I think it's still free). There are a few tutorials on the forums here about getting the models into GameGuru.
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 08:59
Thanks Gtox, I'll check it out.
Windows 10 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 gig GDDR5, 16 gigs ram
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 14:21
Nope.. same problem as with using makehuman and blender.. all black human imported but with an invisible torso and flailing limbs in test mode. worth a shot though!

best,

jan
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 15:20 Edited at: 11th Oct 2015 16:01
Ok I have no knowledge of characters but in about 10 mins I was able to manually import a character as a static model exported from fuse.
I assume if I learn how to rig it in animer or similar I could actually use it ?

And another

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 19:36 Edited at: 11th Oct 2015 19:37
I suggest using autodesk character generator for the meshes. They are around 3000 tris as opposed to maximo at 2700 tris

https://charactergenerator.autodesk.com/
gamer, lover, filmmaker
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 23:16 Edited at: 12th Oct 2015 00:57
Must be something I'm doing wrong then, but always glad to see someone accomplished an import!

I can manually import or use the gameguru importer to put human statues into gameguru all day (and some actually show the textures!). But add bone and animations ....They don't have any color, clothes or torsos and bounce all over the test mode screen, or they are invisible after import or a white blob or parts stretched to infinity and beyond.... Other than that, works great! Pirate Myke helped me with a makehuman model and it actually had clothes in the importer screen... but still the same results as above, that I've gotten once importing other human statues with bones into the game.

I saw a video of a guy import a mesh using gameguru's wizard character anitmations into game guru from fuse I think... He just had to export/import into like 3-4 paid for modeling and repair programs (although mender is free), massive (although less than some I've seen and tried) tweaks to get it in and working with the imported gameguru animations and custom textures. I don't mind the work, it's the expense for Autodesk 3DS max, Fragmotion, Animer 2.2 or additional programs just to import/export a model and convert...

If there were a manual or video I haven't seen that would work and didn't require programs that cost a few hundred a month or thousand a year, I'd happily study it also, but after weeks of searching the internet (learning Blender) and watching anything that has to do with importing humans into gameguru, I've found nothing that works, or can afford. But hey, it's not a total loss.. I've become an expert at deleting that cube from the opening screen of Blender.

But again, congratulations and my admiration are due to anyone that can import humans into gameguru!

I do appreciate everyone's suggestions also

Oh and synchromesh? If you aren't too busy, could you post the settings you used for exporting your statutes from fuse (such as fuse obj export defaults or.., did you pack the textures or... which export options)? What program or programs did you use after exporting from fuse to convert to directX for import into gameguru? Did you also use mender? Did you use the stock texture files or convert to .dds for the manual import? Did you also have to create and edit the .fpe file for those characters and which settings?. Or just skipped that part? Thanks in advance for the information that could be very helpful to myself and many others in the future
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 23:29 Edited at: 11th Oct 2015 23:30
Thanks seppgirty, I checked out your suggestion and I'll give it a try

best,

Jan
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2015 01:44
I was going to make one from the makehuman mesh you sent, but that has a lot of polys in it. A good one would be around 7000 to 10000, keeping the most detail in the face, and trimming the polys from the other parts, especially the shoes.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2015 02:39 Edited at: 12th Oct 2015 03:44
Okay thanks mike .. I'll look to see where the poly count can be reduced in fuse or blender....and in case I forgot, thanks for changing the textures in that model you requested I send you.

Here is 10 minute export from fuse using default obj export settings (except I changed the size to .85), importing into Blender, exporting as directX, manually installing into entity bank, creating/editing a stock fpe, using the stock texture images.. see first attachment.

Another 10 or so converting texture images to .dds and adding the _d, _n, _s's, editing the .x file and fpe file to reflect the new texture names, and the second attachment shows that result. Guess I'll just keep trying one thing at a time until something works.

Attachments

hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2015 09:43
Well, I figured out how to do the ten minute import as shown in an earlier post....

Import the model as an entity instead of a character.

This is great if all you want is a statue

Changing the model's FPE file to a character just changes the character to an all black character again, so... totally useless again.

and, the fight continues!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2015 20:36
Yes, I am keeping at it also.

Sooner or later one of use will get it.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2015 21:40
Quote: "Changing the model's FPE file to a character just changes the character to an all black character again"

If you make it a character the character needs bones, and skinned. Then set in the fpe the shader to character_basic. and Then you will see the texture in GG.
without bones and skin, the shader must be entity_basic
Hope this helps a bit.

Harry
Harry
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2015 22:56
@Harry - I've noticed recently that entity_basic works for skinned, boned characters too. Not sure when or why the change occurred.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@hiredgunz48

You have seen this right ?

PM
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 11:44
Why not using the build in Character creator in GG, you can create multiple different characters, use a neutral script for your characters so they don,t attack you.
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 18:40 Edited at: 17th Oct 2015 13:47
Yes, synchromesh... It's the video I mentioned in one of my posts above and a very informative one too, but thank you

@HarryWever..., Yes, I've found that out. But even with bones, humans have the same problem of being all black ingame, a white blob, invisible, stretched to infinity or a missing torso ball of bouncing appendages.

@vrg ... That's what I've been doing, but it's limited and I've pretty much gone through the combinations. It's also annoying to keep getting rid of the character creator's humans with double floating head hair and facial hair lol. Another thing is you cannot create like a "boss" character that's any different than any other character, and there are no other races but tanned whites in the gamguru games. Well, there is a turban...

I may be asking too much, but I'd like some custom characters that can do more than walk a waypoint or shoot at a player. Mouth that moves when speaking, other possible movements of doing normal things, like eating something, sleeping, reading something.. Like other games Oh, and an inventory system.. but that's another subject

Thank you all for your suggestions. Gameguru has a great community of support!

best,

Jan
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 19:24
Maybe a suggestion to make an importer for the Character Creater like different body- headparts, textures etc. or a modelling tool so you can change the 3D parts in Character Creater like deforming these parts as in Fusion
Slim Tonone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 03:41
Thanks Synchromesh! I watched your video and I learned a few things.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 19:06 Edited at: 16th Oct 2015 19:07
Quote: "Thanks Synchromesh! I watched your video and I learned a few things."

Not actually my video.....Thanks to " Bored of the rings" for creating this one ...
PM
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 13:46
@VRG That would be nice... i imagine, although I haven't tried it yet, that you could create the new parts/clothes for the character creator human as it does, and add them manually like the regular entities.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 18:01
if you want to have a person that is just to be menat as an object, for example a person sitting in a car you can also use this very helpful thread to make a "pose" that can be used as a model for an object based on one of the game guru characters. in this thread it is used to make a dead corpse.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212297

in my attached screenshot you can see how i used this to create an injured person that is sitting in a wrecked car.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti

Attachments

hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 22:21 Edited at: 17th Oct 2015 22:23
great idea nuncio, thank you. Good to have lots of props for levels

best,

Jan
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 22:15 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2015 22:19
Right now unless you are good at messing with fpe files etc. Your not getting a custom character into GG. Ive been harping about easy import of custom characters in this software for years and it has yet to happen. Instead they introduced the character creator. Thats fine I guess if you cant rig etc and what to use the same stuff every one else is. Me myself I would like my game to not look like a cookie cutter. Here it is some odd years later and still cant easily import custom characters etc. Yes Im talking about way back before it became GG, back in 2008ish when I gold backed this project. The wait continues....
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
If you really want 100% custom characters then surly learning from scratch is the best way ... What did you intend to import ?
If you want to use Fuse Characters for example then it is possible using Animer without to much of a learning curve ... Users have done this.

If you want to import free characters from the net the same applies but they are still not unique to your game ...
The Character Creator will be continually developed but users are already creating their own Zombies, Texture sets etc ... They may not be sellable on the store but they are in their game and unique to the user who modded them ...

There really are plenty of do-able options already and right now the Character Creator has lots of potential as is ..

PM
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2015 02:59
Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion JackalHead.

@synchromesh, none of my post is ment to imply anything negative about you or your comments. Simply my point of view.

I am grateful for the additions like the Character Creator BUT, there is always room for improvement, and gameguru is just too picky about it's character import. Static entities, no problem. Characters, big problem.

I suppose it is within the realm of the possible to reverse engineer some human models by re-texturing existing biped models already in gameguru, but I haven't tried overwritting/creating new sets from existing texture sets to test this so I don't know... but Animer being the solution? Not sure about that either.

From the game creator's site:

"This version has a new way to export to DirectX format - compatible with both FPS Creator Reloaded and FPSC Classic."

Little bit dated? But yeah, the old FPS Creator Reloaded (or was it the FPSC Classic) zombies were converted into gameguru... but by Animer?

Looking on the forum, I've seen several people that have FPS or FPSC models commenting on how they have or are trying to import the models from FPS and classic into gameguru, but gave up.

And judging by the number of available human models on the store, and lack of more than a couple of free ones,

(in contrast, this forum is filled with free scripts from talented and generous members, and other 3d modeling site's are filled with hundreds of free, nicely textured, rigged AND pre-animated characters from every walk of life for games),

there must be some reason gameguru is sadly lacking in human models..... Can't be because it's not even remotely easy, right? If it was even close to being as possible as everyday static objects are to import, the store and forum would also be as filled with as many creatively done human models as it is with nicely done static objects and scripts from the many talented people here.

Yes, the character creator is a nice touch, but also very limited, and the floating double head hair/caps/ facial hair IS kinda funny for a few moments. Putting your families faces on the models is also a nice addition, but I've yet to find a family photo with the facial expression of the "Terminator". Otherwise, the facial additions tend to make the characters look like the village idiot (My wife said that, not me lol)...

Please don't get me wrong. I'm a gameguru fan also, and I believe that someday things will change (hopefully not to yet another version of this FPS game that makes everything previous obsolete!), but if "There really are plenty of do-able options already", please do share where you found that info for using each of those options.

None of the video or written tutorials on options for importing rigged and animated human models into game guru I've seen/tried works (at least using Blender rather than the expensive 3d modeling programs such as 3dmax, Maya along with fragmotion and animer etc..), and no one that is now currently and successfully making/importing rigged and animated zombie characters from fuse or makehuman or anywhere else that aren't static statues, or a current "how-to" on creating the texture sets (or the software they used) seems to be sharing that info.. That I can find anyway. And I can understand why... It's a long and complicated process!

Sorry to rant, but the idea that it's simply a matter of using Animer to import fuse human models that aren't statues just reminds me of weeks of frustration trying to find anything at all to get a rigged and animated (or just a human model set to "character" into gameguru), and must be a thousand times worse for those spending years with the game creator's various other FPS games and up to the latest version, gameguru.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now lol
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2015 21:44 Edited at: 25th Oct 2015 21:50
I totally agree hiredgunz48. This is the only game engine that I know of without true custom character import. "And come on people it hasn't been months its been years!" Years to come up with an importer? And wheres that building creator? Its looking like that by the time this engine is ready, it will be out dated and surpassed by another. Which is just sad as I have great hopes for FPS creator reloaded. Im sorry, Game Guru.... If one of you coders would make an importer with animation controls I would flipping buy it in a heart beat. That's the only thing stopping my game. So hear the cry and make a buck! As I dont see GG doing it any time soon...
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "its been years!" Years to come up with an importer?"

Actually Reloaded /Gameguru was written from the ground up with only minor foundation coding from the previous engine and now its been re written in C++ its different even more ... So years is actually not quite accurate either...

The building editor is on the voting board but does not seem to be the users priority at the moment ..

We put the voting board up specifically so we could see what users really want first rather than us forcing it on you which seemed to be the biggest issue at the time ... I wouldn't say no to a custom character importer or building tool either but right now it does not seem to be a feature users are voting for as a priority ...So far the top 3 are.... Save/Load .....AI /Bots ...And then the building editor at Number 3

Personally I would love the full Platform and 3D Isometrics features added but right now it wont get a look in until some of the top features have been knocked off the list ...TGC does not have hundreds of coders like other game engines you refer to so all we can really do is support the majority and watch all the features get added ... Which of course we need every one .... What's the point of a character importer if the AI needs work ...or DX9 isn't up to the job of these complex characters ...so right now I personally think the votes are going in the right direction
PM
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 12:04 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 12:06
@JackalHead and synchromesh.. Nicely done, and reasonable posts!

I'm all for Democacy, and I understand how software changes and grows by request, but I'm also aware of the business of software sales, and I'm sorry, but Gameguru sales aren't driven by performance improvements or just making levels. I've consistently seen gameguru in $2.00-$4.00 bundles on steam stores (with some DLC included) . What drives the real income of the game engine is the store assets, and gameguru DLC packs, not performance or voting. Well, unless I'm completely wrong about those spending $200.00 on assets and additional DLC packs as compared to massive $2.00 bundles sales.

There would be tons of income for non static objects too.

And, since income is the bottom line, making an import of human models as easy as static objects would build the store income generation with tons of great human models and more income for gameguru, steam and even a little for the modelers! The additional income generation from lots more store assests shouldn't even be an issue of voting, but a common sense business model, and done before and despite any "what options do you want" lists.

Really, improving performance will not likely improve sales of gameguru or store assets significantly (especially considering the $2.00 bundles of gameguru). It's nice having a faster level tester, but more and different store assets means significantly more income, more coders can be hired, which means a game creation engine that beats all others AND creates a constant stream of income for even more improvements, and bigger voting lists (and most importantly, happy game creators and customers)!

Besides all that, there's already a couple of fast level creators simply for importing into unity...

let's instead focus on the gameguru user creating full, complex and real games rather than really pretty and faster levels with a few enemies to shoot at to test the level. Otherwise, gameguru is just like their competitor's "level creator" software.

Just my opinion, but I hope it's helped sway some of the voters out there

Jan
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 13:32 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 13:35
Quote: "What drives the real income of the game engine is the store assets, and gameguru DLC packs, not performance or voting. Well, unless I'm completely wrong about those spending $200.00 on assets and additional DLC packs as compared to massive $2.00 bundles sales."

Your probably not far off there ...

Quote: "And, since income is the bottom line, making an import of human models as easy as static objects would build the store income generation with tons of great human models and more income for gameguru"

Your probably right there as well ..

Quote: "let's instead focus on the gameguru user creating full, complex and real games rather than really pretty and faster levels with a few enemies to shoot at to test the level. Otherwise, gameguru is just like their competitor's "level creator" software.
"

This is the Six of One and half a dozen of the other part for me..... Most of the bad reviews refer to aged GFX and speed so I don't think its really down to TGC trying to get pretty GFX and speed rather than features.... Its getting the engine and GFX up to date so users are happy with the engine to begin with ... After that implementing the features is Xmas day for every one added from my point of view

These are only my opinions as a user
PM
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 15:27 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 15:28
Yeah, I can see your point. It's just that I want what I want and I want it NOW!

Not really lol.... I can wait (drums fingers on desk). Just thought it couldn't hurt to make a kind of, vaguely persuasive argument for better/more import options/non static imports AND MORE SCRIPTING OPTIONS (which I totally didn't mention previously). It's all good though.

Now I'll go back to making dead people props
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It's just that I want what I want and I want it NOW! "

LOL Don't go thinking that I don't
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 18:07 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 18:09
I agree with that. Hell if I could easily import custom characters then I would gladly share them with all you fine people. As I am not a greedy man. My actual job gives me the money I need. Thats not to say that If i were to spend a week or 2 on a model that I might not charge something for it. But there would be some freebies. Oh and I flipping hate Animer.... So ya
PM
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 19:20
Man, I keep almost clicking on the "Link" button thinking it's a "Like" button...Too much FaceBook I guess
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 04:41
Quote: "Yes Im talking about way back before it became GG, back in 2008ish when I gold backed this project. The wait continues...."

LOL, I stopped after that. Could someone please send this man a calendar?
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 03:09
Quote: "and no one that is now currently and successfully making/importing rigged and animated zombie characters from fuse or makehuman or anywhere else that aren't static statues, or a current "how-to" on creating the texture sets (or the software they used) seems to be sharing that info.. "

Bored Of The Rings shared quite a lot (like video above). The sticking point for me was that Max was in the workflow (which is out of reach cost wise for many/me).

Anyhow I perservered and for a one-time $50 dollars or so you can get the fuse characters into GG, and have some great unwrap software for other purposes too. Currently all the auto rigging and all of the animations are free on the mixamo/adobe site. I imagine this won't continue for too much longer once Adobe adopt it into their cloud offerings. It does take time upfront initially to get the animations all sorted and understand the workflow, but thereafter can create characters in Fuse (all sorts of tweakable stuff in there) and within 20 minutes have a rigged, animated and working character in GG. But this is once the workflow is sorted, common fpe's created and animations prepared, single-tracked ready for merge.

Workflow for anyone interested is:

Create character in Fuse
Click Animate in Fuse (this uploads to Mixamo/Adobe site - register/login required)
Mixamo site then auto rigs the character (takes about a minute).
Animate the character (can do this now once for one model, then reuse the animations for all other models, split between male/female as different)
Download as FBX
Use Ultimate Unwrap Pro (about $50 I think) to open FBX (can also use this to create the atlas texture if required - easy tutorial to follow on the Unwrap site. Also easily reduces the poly count if needed).
Save to .x
Open in meshview and save (basically just adds a root bone at 0,0,0, but easiest way I've found to do it)
Open in fragmotion and scale all to 0.4.
Merge in animations (see below)
Export to .x (ready for import into GG)

The animations need to be collated into singletrack (fragmotion makes this really easy) and the start/end frames entered into the appropriate fpe slots. This can take a bit of time, but only needs to be done once then can reuse the animations (& most of the fpe) for all characters.

Whilst I agree this could all be a lot easier, I learned a lot by going through this about how this all hangs together. But I kind of enjoy knowing the mechanics of it all ... sad eh ?

Here are some characters I've done this week:

Attachments

hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2015 03:03
Thank you cybernescence. I've been working on rewritting the LUA for the old community packs of models, but once I have the $50.00 (which is way cheaper than Max, animer and fragmotion to import models), I may give that a go also.

Yes, Max and animer and fragmotion were also my sticking point, and that none of the videos for the previous incarnations prior to the current GG seemed to work using anything else for humans, but I certainly never ment to imply or mislead that no one has made any how-to videos.

Thank you kindly for your suggestions and guidance, and nice work on those models!

Jan
Kryptonight
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you cybernescence, I was able to get a few chars into GG with your instructions, complete with animations. Very much appreciate you sharing.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 13:09
Thank you.

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 15:42 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 15:46
Better was to not spend money for buy one of 3-th party software, and all of those to be included in to the GG,
maybe as an extra paying options for the GG... imo
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fps/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 16:41
Quote: "Better was to not spend money for buy one of 3-th party software, and all of those to be included in to the GG,
maybe as an extra paying options for the GG... imo"

Perhaps, but I think you will always need third party software to push the boundaries of any default model creation behaviour or actual models that are provided. I think it would be better if GG eventually makes importing models/formats easier (that are built with specialist software that is made for model/character creation). Depends what you want to do I guess
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th Dec 2015 10:00
Quote: "
I saw a video of a guy import a mesh using gameguru's wizard character anitmations into game guru from fuse I think... He just had to export/import into like 3-4 paid for modeling and repair programs (although mender is free), massive (although less than some I've seen and tried) tweaks to get it in and working with the imported gameguru animations and custom textures. I don't mind the work, it's the expense for Autodesk 3DS max, Fragmotion, Animer 2.2 or additional programs just to import/export a model and convert...
"

If you mean Mikes video, he used:

Fuse: Free
Fragmotion: Free (you just have to type out the lords prayer word by word every 7 days)
Mender: Free from TGC
MeshView: Supplied with the DirextX 9 SDK, but you can download it for free fro the TGC forum
Animer: £25 from TGC

I've tried his method myself and apart from the mistakes I've made myself it works well, for a single cost of £25 you can make as many characters as you like. You just need to learn how to rig the bones to the vertices in fragmotion.

I think you're looking at his second video which is an alternative method for If you don't want to go down the "learning to rig" in fragmotion route, in that method he goes a step further with fuse and autorigs it via the Mixamo online service (free) and uses 3DS Max (expensive) t convert the FBX ouput into .x.

Although I haven't found a good free alternative to 3DS (blender just doesn't seem to work with the bone structure from Mixamo), there are some cheap alternatives that work, one of which is, as Cyber said above, Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro, which is around $50. Not super cheap but when compared to the $3000 and change that 3DS costs it's peanuts.
hiredgunz48
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 10:15
No, I don't think it was myke's video.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 22:30
Quote: "No, I don't think it was myke's video."

I mean Mike, or Bored of the Rings, not PirateMyke, sorry seen so many of Boreds videos lately I automatically refer to him by his real name lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:51:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:51:48