Product Chat / walking over an object

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2015 08:23
hi there! i still have this wonderful pool filled with a water decal for my island hopper map 1. now when i walk into the pool it's quite realistic and looking good but i would like to have the sound that comes when i walk into water when the player enters the pool. is this the materialindex? i want to have a different sound when i walk on / in the pool. there is a metallic stepping sound but i would like to have the water splashing that comes when i walk into water on the terrain. where can i change that? also i would like to change some objects from metallic to "organic" natural sounds when walking on it. thanks in advance!
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2015 12:54
This is what i found.

So set materialindex to 17 or 18. just test it.
Make sure to delete the old bin dbo files.

harry
Harry
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2015 13:47
Yes those are the settings Harry, but only the first 4 are working right now.
This script below may be of some use. Is starts a sound from a distance set in the script and gets louder as the player walks towards it.

Maybe you could use it as a work around till the other material sounds are working again.

Assign this script to an object by your pool, dynamic and always active. I assign it to the water mesh for my use, like my fountain water.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:59:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:59:39