Scripts / How to make a camera follow a path?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2015 20:34
Hello, in mmy test game i would like to do this, the camera view, who represent the player need to be moved only by some events, the player can't move in the environment.
For example when i shot on an object, then the camera follow a defined path and move to a next point of view.

It is feseable with game guru???

thans
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2015 21:40
There is the TransportToIfUsed(e) script command. This is normally used by the trigger zone. It may be possible with this command in a script to get the player to move to some objects location.

I am going to move this to the script thread. Somebody there has been able to move the camera around.
Take a look in this board also for a solution. Smallg has done this already I believe.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2015 21:42
Whaouw do you remember the thread?

thanks
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
this is a version of what you're after (written a long time ago and i have learned a lot since but it's working)
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207801?page=4#msg2497969

you would just need this part for the actual object to move forward and to keep the player on it

note however that this would simply make the player travel forward and he can control it's direction by moving the mouse, if you dont want that then you would need to set the rotation once and only once -until you want to update it again - (either in a set direction or facing the same way as the player etc if you change the values)

and the trigger would be simply checking the objects health and then ending once you get closer to the object (or further etc) depending on what you want to happen when it's hit.

i have done a script for a grapple hook that you fire around to fast travel which is likely quite similar but it isn't available for all.

i can say it's certainly doable however if you intend there to be obstacles etc that will stop the camera/player (using default collision).... it wont work.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2015 23:14
i just need the camera FOV wich represent the player to be controled by basic events, BUT what i need is the camera ALLWAYS follow a defined path, if the "user - player" try to use the keyboard, nothing happens, he can't control the camera or movements.

The player has just to follow the camera, and then click on objects or shot at some objects/ enemies.
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2015 19:21
can someone help please?

thanks
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
you have the answer you need, you just need to script it as you want it to work... not really a way someone can do this for you as we have no idea which "events" you are talking about, you need someone to work with you to create your game rather than a generic script (if you can't script it yourself)
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:36:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:36:47