Product Chat / Discussion : Have you thought about how to make money from the game you're building?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I build browsers and mobile games for a long time and now I want to build a FPS game for windows and I started thinking about how to benefit from it at the end. in browser and mobile games its very easy to insert advertisements but In games windows you only can sell the game and uts very difficult because the market is flooded with really good games for free.

I have 2 questions

1. Because game guru based on windows Is there a way or will in the near future to exported for windows store? (Then it will be possible to insert advertisements)
2. Do you have any ideas on how to make money from the the game without selling the game?

Thank you all!!!
SneakBug8
Years of Service
User Offline
1. No, i think.
2. Sell advert on game site. Sell servers (if have multiplayer).
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Never thought about it
But this is a very interesting idea
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
stor
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to create multiplayer game and only I will be able to open a game and others to play? that's how I will control the game. Is it possible?
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2015 11:58 Edited at: 20th Sep 2015 11:58
You could insert some Ads on game screens, menu, credits, about screens or use internal game signs or other entities or world objects to display Ads.

You possibly/potentially look to find a single or multiple sponsors to back your game development and give them prominent credit using the above in game visual display opportunities and of course via any other means options store/web site/location/social/forum/community your game might be available, distributed from online or off depending on how you will distribute it.

However all of this would be difficult unless you could convince potential advertisers that your game will be worthy of support and that you would be able to find enough end players/viewers to make it worth their while supporting with any kind of financial support at all. Its about numbers and you need a lot of Sales, Views and or just players if distributed for Free, unless of course you can find some kind people to give you money for little or no return and not many of those about.

System : Advent Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Intel(R). i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz. 8.00 GB RAM DDR3. Storage : 1389 GB : 1088 GB Free (1389 GB Total). Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 530. Total Available Graphics Memory : 4095 MB. Dedicated : 1024 MB. Shared : 3071 MB. Direct X10

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2015 13:47 Edited at: 20th Sep 2015 14:28
stor wrote: "Is it possible to create multiplayer game and only I will be able to open a game and others to play? that's how I will control the game. Is it possible?"

This will be possible just after the GG devs will be finished the "save as stand alone multiplayer"
option (not as multiplayer via Steam) !
In this mean time, you fell free to vote this (and other many features) at: https://www.game-guru.com/feature-vote
and slide there what kind of "features" do you need to be vote as "urgent"
For the moment (I don't known for what reasons) on the "Standalone games" section
doesn't included this "stand alone multiplayer"
P.S. In my opinion, the "multiplayer via Steam" it's not a good option,
because if it's now your own game after you buy it the software from the GG!
So, who want to play his game just (free or sell) alone if the buyer's can't free (or sell) his game as "stand alone multiplayer" ?!?
...maybe just as a hobby, not for making money
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fps/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2015 00:42
If you are making a game that is comprised of all custom models or music and such you could sell the assets in a pack form and use the game as proof that the assets work well with one another.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 13:47:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 13:47:19