Scripts / Retro Gaming Bloke's Speed Enhancing Script!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Retro,

I hope you catch this thread. I just viewed your Youtube video featuring your speed enhancing script in action. It looks pretty damn good. I imagine you do need some fog and DOF to disguise the mechanics of it. I know you still need to do some work on it but when it's ready will you be putting it in the store?

I know the GG team have been working hard to boost performance at a much deeper level down in the guts of GameGuru and nothing could substitute that but I think we still need things like your script and other little tricks if we are to stand any chance of producing anything of commercial quality. The faster the better! Well done!
Julian
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Just released it on these forums today. Thanks for the vote of confidence, nice to know my efforts have some appreciation. Hiding the effect is down to your scene and your own preferences. You can adjust the draw distance to your liking, obviously the higher it goes the slower the boost. This script works best from the ground up, so clever scene design can mean good speed increases without the need to add depth of field and fog to hide popup. I've tested with several scenes, all end up faster as a result of adding this script in, so I'm pretty happy with it.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Saintyboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Sep 2015 23:35
I would like to reinforce Lord Julian's comments in that your contribution with this script and indeed all your others to the Guru script department is fantastic and greatly appreciated. I thoroughly enjoy listening to your brummy undertones in your educational videos - so its a big thank you from me!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Saintyboy! Don't forget to check out the free script if you haven't already. Let me know how you get along in the scripts thread.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:42:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:42:42