3rd Party Models/Media Chat / How would i go about texturing this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2015 22:36 Edited at: 29th Aug 2015 22:37
This all around has taken me 35-40mins to build with interior inside of the buildings as well.
--

Now's the big question. How would i go about texturing all of it?

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
chizilu
Years of Service
User Offline
You have a couple of options really.
There are several different components to the model and different texture groups.
For instance a metal roof is going to have a higher specular level than say a trash bag/ wooden fence.
I would suggest that you uv map individual parts of the scene and then texture each part separately.
you could try and go the long way round and try and paint in a model painter
Finally you could go crazy and try and auto uv the whole lot and work out what part is what and texture it all on one image lol

Peace
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 2nd Sep 2015 22:35
Hello!

Here is what I would do to texture this scene:

UVW Map each unique object, and texture them sperately. Unwrap the building/walls as one structure, and build an atlas texture map to make it easier. Clone the unique objects after you have textured them (the fence pieces, garabage bin, benches, etc.) and export the pieces individually into Game Guru. Rebuild the scene in the guru editor, using the pieces. Export the textured structure into guru and place in your scene. Lastly UVW the floor piece and texture separately.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 13:57:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 13:57:08