3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Imported model fine in editor, goes black in game and test modes

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Made some pillows in Blender, textures in Gimp, imported to GG and in the editor, looking fine.

But go into test mode and suddenly they gone black! Also in standalone game.

Is it BBEEE intruding into another aspect of life down here or what????

Really confusing me is the one pillow is fine???

Aaaaaagh! help please??? Is this a texture issue, and import issue, or must I go back to blending???

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2015 22:12
By the looks of it. your texture must be white. I would say it is not showing in the editor either. Did you forget to UV map the pillow in your model program before exporting?

Compare the FPE files of the working one to the non working one. Just might have made a typo in the file.
Clear the associated DBO and bin file and then try it again.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2015 10:57
Yep I agree with Pirate Myke, this usualy happens to me when I have typed the texture wrong in the FPE.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
SounDesign
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
yup, thanks guys, I was dreading having to go back to start again in blend. Not just these two, but several others, some quite complex...

when practising, i pick up the .png for texture, and while the dds were all in the folder, I hadn't updated the fpe.

Whew, thanks again!!!! I'll prolly ALWAYS remember this one now!!!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 22:55:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 22:55:31