3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Which Version Of Blender..?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 15:34
Have done a fresh install of Windows so now I need to install all of my programs I use for modelling again. I can't quite remember but isn't there a specific version of Blender that works best with GameGuru in some way..?

2.68 rings a bell..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
Tereith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 18:38
No idea. I have a ton of problems when exporting my models as well. Usually they don't work. I got the newest version.

Please PM me if you figured it out.
Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 18:44
this is what i found on steam.

jforthdesign
It's all down to the latest DirectX exporter that comes bundled with Blender. I don't know what broke it or what was changed, but, the exporter in 2.69 works perfectly. You can have more than one version installed at the same time. I use 2.69 for my game work and 2.71 for my renders.

Inverting the normals on export doesn't always have the correct, nor desired effect. Sometimes, it just outright makes things worse. My advice is to roll back to 2.69. You can get it from the Blender website.

Here is the link - http://www.blender.org/features/past-releases/2-69/

Harry
Harry
PM
Kesstryl
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 20:25 Edited at: 20th Aug 2015 20:30
I had no idea about this (being somewhat new to GG), and I've been using the Steam version of Blender for working on assets that I was making for GG. I'll install that older version too and use that from now on. Thanks for posting that info!

Edit - that link only shows the info about that release, I don't see a download for it. The site seems to only have the latest version. Maybe models can be exported to another format and then exported to Direct X in another program. If I can find another download source for the older version, I'll post it.
PM
Kesstryl
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 20:39
So far my anti-virus didn't flag this one, and it seems to be from a sub-domain of the actual Blender site, so here's the link for the 2.69 download:

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.69/
PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 00:15
Nice! Thanks for that. I knew there was something wrong with the newer versions but couldn't remember which version was the good one for GameGuru. Thanks!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 09:08:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 09:08:23